Regular Contributor

Green boxes from Debbie Meyer

I bought two bread boxes  recently and find that they do not keep everything fresh.  Does anyone have experience with these.  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Green boxes from Debbie Meyer

I don't use the green boxes but I swear by the green bags. I stock up on those. 

Esteemed Contributor

Have both.  The boxes from when she was on the Q, and they still work.  The bags from HSN, and BBB, they work.  When I brought some smaller boxes from BBC last year, they did not work.  They were not the same.

Honored Contributor

I use the green bags plus have 2 bread boxes.

We don't buy bread from the store. We make our own bread, rolls, hamburger buns etc.

The bread boxes do keep the homemade breads fresh longer IMO. 

I also use them when I make blueberry muffins etc.

Respected Contributor

We use the bags and boxes and they work quite well. Make sure produce is dry and stick a paper towel in to absorb extra moisture. 

Respected Contributor

@Mom in NY wrote:

I bought two bread boxes  recently and find that they do not keep everything fresh.  Does anyone have experience with these.  TIA

They don't work for me...

Respected Contributor

I find the boxes are hit or miss for me.  Some things I see a noticable improvement on how long things last/stay fresh while some other things don't seem to last any longer.  

Honored Contributor

I never believed these would work and didn't buy any because I have Lock n Lock and I didn't like that green color.  Read that someone was saying how they work better than L n L for produce, etc.  I ordered a large set in purple (her new color) a few months ago.  I find that my vegetables do keep much longer.  I'm happy with my purchase so far.