Occasional Visitor

Question for admin: wouldn't the Green Pans "name" sold on HSN years ago by Todd English and Joy Mangano be copyrighted? Was so surprised when I saw QVC use this name when selling their version. BTW, the Todd pans I purchased were defective and I saw other negative reviews.

Honored Contributor

The Greenpan name is it's own brand name. Any person attached to that is considered an endorsement.

Honored Contributor

Green Pans are advertised on TV and I see them in stores such as Walmart all the time.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Afternoon all...lunchtime at the office here...so my sister gave me a set of those Green Pans maybe 5 or 6 years ago because she doesn't cook much and passed them along still new in the box.  They were ok for about a year and then went in the trash.  The anti stick property wore off, not the actual finish, but everything eventually stuck.  I need new pans, but I think after a while they all lose their anti stick.

Trusted Contributor

@Gerri960- I bought 2 Green Pan grill pans from HSN many moons ago when Todd English & Joy Mangano were selling them.  I bought one for myself and one for my SIL.  They were definitely not non stick as they claimed they were.  Everything stuck so badly I threw them away after a few uses.  I apologized to my SIL and told her to throw them away.  She said hers stuck also.  I never bought another Green Pan because of that disaster.  I am very leery of this brand.

Respected Contributor

I just purchased an 8 " one from Marshall's for $10. I liked it so well that I went back and bought a 10" that was $12. The ones I bought were gray and ceramic coated. So far they are wonderful. Do not stick at all, but I use oils and butter( small amount).  The instructions say to cook on medium - medium low ,suggests silicone /wooden tools be used, and allow to cool before cleaning. Good advice for most pans. I just wipe out with paper towels generally. 

I like ceramic coating--seems safer. I have a small cast iron pan non stick for higher temps.