Honored Contributor

Green Containers

[ Edited ]

Does anyone use the Mrs Meyer green boxes for veggies?

And do they really work to keep them fresh longer?

I have been wanting to get some OR some of what Walmart is selling.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I tried them some years ago, but I wasn't impressed.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've used her bags for years - believe the box style came out later.

Bags and Lock n Lock are great for vegetables - lettuce even stays fresher better longer in L-n-L.....as well as asparagus - celery too. 

In L_N_L the long style has a plastic insert in the bottom that holds the veggies up out of the collected moisture - water.

Honored Contributor

I've been using her bags for many years!

I got hooked on them when Q sold them and when they stopped selling them, I got big sets at BB&B.

They work really well, IMO!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I use the bags and boxes.  I bought the original set of boxes many many years ago but gave them away and used only the bags.  Then I purchased another set of boxes about 2-3 years ago and they are FABULOUS.  Lettuce stays the freshest in the boxes as do other vegetables. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt, @KingstonsMom  et al.

Those of you who use the bags, how do you seal/close the bags or do you leave the bag open when storing food in the fridge?  I saw nothing in the directions on use about this.  confused.gif

I'm thinking of purchashing the bags for romain lettuce.

TIA

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

You wrap the bag loosely around the produce/fruit, no need to twist tightly (no twist tie, etc.).

After the bag is used, turn inside out and rinse with cold water, then hang to dry.

They're reusable many times.

Amazon.com: Debbie Meyer GreenBags 20-Pack (8M, 8L, 4XL) – Keeps Fruits, Vegetables, and Cut Flowers...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   ThankYou-smiley.gif

Strange that is not mentioned in the desscription.  Maybe I missed it.  I'm purchasing from BBB.  Gotta get my 20% off. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Last yr or so QVC was selling something that David was demonstrating that you put in your fridge  that  ran on batteries ?  that  helped  keep your produce fresh . It sold out before I decided to  try one.

Did anyone buy the  item and did it work ? I do not remember the name  or item #

Honored Contributor

Thank you for all of the replies! Still not sure if I will buy any at this time Cat Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller