Honored Contributor

Since this blog is for talking food, QVC products and reviews. Thought I would put in my 2 cents on K44447. Bought this some while ago just now saw it on the Q Homepage and can recommend it. Great for baking large roasts, briskets, chickens, etc.

Think the price has went up since I bought mine, but, it's light wgt. cast iron/aluminum.

One of the things I really liked that I bought here. got it in red.

cookin.gif

Honored Contributor

Of course you got it in red!   🍎

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

LMAO IN GOLD.gif

Respected Contributor

I am glad I read this post, been looking  for something like this, I think I will get the black.

Thanks for sharing! 😀

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Thanks, Sharke!  I had looked at this pan a long time ago, but hesitated to order because for the longest time, there was no video to show the size & no reviews for it & had forgotten about it. 

Honored Contributor

Blue Jean Chef and David are doing a video now, as I guess you know.

Nothing sticks either forgot to add. Guess you could give it a spritz of can oil just to make sure. I always bake roasts, briskets, in at least 1 cup of water because it takes a long time to brown, add more  if needed. Then take it out and put in pressure cooker for a good hr.

Meat down here in Tx is tough as shoe leather LOL  Don't know how people chew it without a pressure cooker. Must have teeth of a gator. LOL

I know a long time ago they had a set of 2 glass baking dishes that you didn't put in dishwasher and that way they would never lose their non sticking properties. I still have them  they are marvelous. I bake crisps in them and that 'special' coating is great. Don't know why they didn't come out with a whole line based on that concept. Glad I got mine when I did.

Honored Contributor

Think I'll order K44543 maybe next week. Looks like it's made out of that same material as the other pan I bought. I have a heavy cast iron pot of

Rachel Ray's that is losing paint in spots that I could replace it's heavy anyway.

Mmmmm what color should I choose ? Platinum, is the only color I don't like. This is dishwasher safe to boot and half cast, half aluminum. Love that material.

Marshacatandrat.png