Esteemed Contributor

An empty food can works fine for me....let the grease harden and then toss it. Geesh!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   As I have lots of Fiesta mugs, I use one of those for leftover grease. Stash in fridge until it fills up, clean it out into a  baggie, out in the trash it goes. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also use my leftover cans....mostly the 28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes.  I keep a few empty ones in one of my cabinets.  I just keep it in my fridge until it's full then into the trash it goes.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

I pour my grease into empty 3 oz. cat food cans, then I toss them in the trash as soon as the grease hardens.  My parents used to use empty Maxwell House coffee cans.  They would throw them out when the can was full.  I don't have a lot of grease; I only cook bacon once a week on Sundays.  If I had more grease to dispose of, the Grease Hero may be a good idea.  To each his own. 😊

Valued Contributor

I agree with everyone else.  You don't need it but it begs the question, why would anyone even invent something like this, AND, expect anyone to pay in excess of $20 for a set of them?  Seems to me it wasn't a seasoned cook or anyone who has ever spent any time in a kitchen.  

Respected Contributor

a vegetable can or jar, then toss after it hardens.  But.....surely you would think people really don’t pour it down the sink.  Geez.  I had to go look at the video, near $30 with tax, s/h.  Yikes

Respected Contributor

We do the Same thing. Milk,oil ,vinegar bottle. Why spend money to just throw it away.

Honored Contributor

I generally try (sometimes I have to try REALLY hard!) to not dog people for whatever they purchase with their own money, but - HUH? 

I just went to see this and watched the bit of video showing its use. 

I just don't get it.   Plus, why do you need to put it in the sink drain to pour the oil into it?

Just too weird.  Is this some kind of thing from that shark show?

Like everybody else said, it's pretty easy to use an already empty disposable container from your kitchen.   Why would one need to purchase some containers JUST for this?  Furthermore, then you have to keep buying them?   Somebody must really be laughing all the way to the bank.   Just SMH

Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

ITKWD is offering the Grease Hero drain guard. K50884. Am I missing something? I just pour my grease into a Pyrex measuring cup, let it harden and throw it away. Why do I need these grease traps?

Me too! Or if I have an empty can I use it.

This item is just plain stupid, so is the demonstration. And why do you have to set it in the sink, why not over a coffee cup or the like. Oh, that must be incase it overflows, the extra will go down drain? At one point  the gal demonstrating these has a can she already poured the grease in then takes the can to the sink and pours it in the GH. O...K!

I also pour mine in a can and refridge it till its hard, what a waste of money these are, crazy!   Smiley Embarassed