Contributor

Here we go again, Dan and Sharon, on the food show. And 3 hrs, how can we get so lucky.

Honored Contributor

For some reason I actually enjoy watching the food shows. I almost never order food, but I like watching the shows. I usually think the deserts look very good.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Go play with your dogs instead, watching Q is not a requirement.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor
On 3/23/2015 NickNack said:

For some reason I actually enjoy watching the food shows. I almost never order food, but I like watching the shows. I usually think the deserts look very good.

I agree and one of these days I'm going to splurge and order a cake!

Contributor

What I can't fathom is why these hosts' mothers never taught any of them not to talk with their mouths stuffed with food. It's unappetizing, unprofessional and downright disgusting. Yes I know they have to sell the product... but for pete's sake if you're going to TALK, STOP eating, and if you're going to EAT, STOP talking! Yeah yeah I know, change the channel, which I often do. But you're not going to tempt me to buy anything if you're being disgusting, disrespectful and unprofessional by chewing and talking. JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I have it on right now...and wondering why Sharon isn't presenting as many of the foods like Dan is....has she filled up...frankly...I don't know how they can eat so much....Dan isn't even taking just a small sample of each item...he has big helpings and goes in for more....I would be so stuffed I would have to stop...or be sick....

Honored Contributor

I don't mind watching the shows (but rarely do) and I've had too many awful experiences with the food that I have ordered. The last one was a Springfield ham. Paid over $70 for it for Christmas! It was small, fatty and had a huge bone in it that I knew immediately I'd have to go out and buy another one to cook with it. I did because the guests we were having over would not get a decent portion. The second ham was wonderful and was $21 on sale. I was going to let it go but decided to call Customer Service to complain about it. She refunded me but sounded short tempered and disgusted.... like I was making it up to get a refund!!! Simple solution, won't order the food products any more.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor
On 3/23/2015 ozzbee said:

What I can't fathom is why these hosts' mothers never taught any of them not to talk with their mouths stuffed with food. It's unappetizing, unprofessional and downright disgusting. Yes I know they have to sell the product... but for pete's sake if you're going to TALK, STOP eating, and if you're going to EAT, STOP talking! Yeah yeah I know, change the channel, which I often do. But you're not going to tempt me to buy anything if you're being disgusting, disrespectful and unprofessional by chewing and talking. JMO.

HAHA! I agree. And then we have to watch them dissect the food with their bare hands which is absolutely disgusting, esp. when they are selling ribs. Who thinks that is appetizing in the least? At least wear gloves when you are molesting the food. And then on top of everything else we have to listen to Sharon, the self-proclaimed food critic, go on and on-------"And from the minute the crumbs hit your lips you sense a hint of lemon followed by a subtle hue of vanilla as you begin to chew . . . . " LOL, it's a cookie, girl. It's not that deep. I have to admit once in a blue moon I'll watch a food show just to laugh at her antics but then I quickly change the channels.

Honored Contributor
On 3/23/2015 piperbay said:
On 3/23/2015 NickNack said:

I agree and one of these days I'm going to splurge and order a cake!

Those big coconut cakes look fantastic!

I'm making one from scratch for Easter from the Southern Living Cake Book.

I have had the Cake and Pie books they had on David's show yesterday for a long time...they are both GREAT books...and I prefer my baked goods to be ultra fresh...not frozen and thawed.

Valued Contributor
On 3/23/2015 debc said:

Go play with your dogs instead, watching Q is not a requirement.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} {#emotions_dlg.lol}