Respected Contributor

Good cookbook selection at Costco for Instant Pots

[ Edited ]

Just received our monthly Costco magazine and see cookbook selections that look useful if you own an Instant Pot. 

Some are supposedly  available only in the store starting in early November, but maybe you could check out  costco online for availability, too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Good cookbook selection at Costco for Instant Pots

@novamc1@Thanks.I am now searching all of my recipes online.I find that I have so many books that I can’t remember where a recipe is and by the time I find it I don’t feel like cooking anymore.I just google what I want to make and then pick from what shows up.I do love looking at cookbooks though.

Respected Contributor

An air fryer cookbook is also shown in the magazine.

Honored Contributor

I have noticed there are several IP cookbooks at my Costco;however, they are not vegan so not a good buy for me.  There are great recipes on the internet...I'll bet it is harder to sell cookbooks now that we have access to the internet.

Honored Contributor

there were some there recently

but there are so many blogs/websites etc for IP and pressure cooking on line that I would look at first.  I know some love cookbooks though

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I have noticed there are several IP cookbooks at my Costco;however, they are not vegan so not a good buy for me.  There are great recipes on the internet...I'll bet it is harder to sell cookbooks now that we have access to the internet.

I got rid of all of mine years ago and just kept the ones I loved

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I don't know why people even buy pressure cooker cookbooks as there are so many on the Internet.  I've used a PC for years but the only cookbook I own is the one that came with the PC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear Yes, I'm in the process of doing the same to open up bookshelf space for the books I read.  I was browsing through my cookbooks to see what would be a quick release.  I must have every Paleo book written (never touched as I thought I would pick out the veggie recipes), Indian, Chinese, Tofu, Vegetarian (heavy into dairy/oil - again thought I could sift through what I would use), etc.  I've also downloaded (for a fee) recipes from my favorite YouTube vegans and put the books in binders.  I think those are what I will keep and all the hardbacks are being donated.  

I rarely use recipes now, as I've been living this way for decades.  I enjoy my own creations and use recipes rarely just for inspiration.  I keep saying, "I should write this down"....now I'm starting my own collection of Phoenix cookbooks!Woman Embarassed

@jackthebear wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I got rid of all of mine years ago and just kept the ones I loved