Honored Contributor

I' making lemon, cranberry bread in my bread maker right now and my kitchen smells wonderful. What's cooking at your house today ??🍞🍞

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

ooh, that sounds wonderful! Nothing cooking today, it's leftovers which is a good thing. Yesterday made a pot roast in the crock pot. Used a packet of Lipton's onion soup mix, beef stock, a splash of worchestershire sauce, and a couple of smashed garlic cloves. Towards the end, I roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions; we like the charred flavor. On the way home, my husband stopped and bought a fresh baguette. All day long the house smelled soooo good! Of course, even our dog was loving it. :-)

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

I'm making amaretto cheesecake and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies for a get together tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Cool and rainy here in WV today, so I am making vegetable soup and cornbread for supper.   

I also have a simmer pot going on my stove for moisture since the heat is on, and have added a bottle of dollar store vanilla extract and 2 squirts of apple cinnamon scent oil to the water, which is making my house smell good.

Respected Contributor

Pot roast, well not really, it's beef shanks in the slow cooker with the  pot roast soups, it will make lots of gravy for mashed taters.

Want to make an apple cake, hopefully

Trusted Contributor

@spix wrote:

Pot roast, well not really, it's beef shanks in the slow cooker with the  pot roast soups, it will make lots of gravy for mashed taters.

Want to make an apple cake, hopefully

Sounds good. Wow, apple cake! I haven't had that in ages. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Valued Contributor

Chicken Pot Pie and my apartment smells wonderful!  Love this time of year - I try not to use my oven during the hot weather - and now I can.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Cool and rainy here in WV today, so I am making vegetable soup and cornbread for supper.   

I also have a simmer pot going on my stove for moisture since the heat is on, and have added a bottle of dollar store vanilla extract and 2 squirts of apple cinnamon scent oil to the water, which is making my house smell good.

@RedTop, that's a great tip, when you have to close up the house , you appreciate those lovely aromas.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Nothing cooking, but after a long hot desert summer, finally have the windows open on a lovely 75 degree day....so the smell of fresh air is a welcome thing today (:

Honored Contributor

I have been outside planting tulip bulbs in pots.  Dinner will be salmon with a large salad of mixed greens, oranges, dried cherries, avocado topped with toasted chopped almonds.