Trusted Contributor

Re: Geoffrey Zakarian

[ Edited ]

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I don't mind Geoffrey so much on The Kitchen, but not on Chopped. I don't like any of the chef judges on Chopped except maybe Maneet.

I only watched a few full episodes of Chopped because I don't like the way the judges look at the chefs, mainly Alex, who has such disdain in her eyes.

I like to watch fun shows where people are having a good time. 

Why is Martha Stewart a judge on Chopped?  She is not a chef.  Talk about a snob!

Respected Contributor

If anyone believes Zakarian is dominating ITKWD, they are watching a different show than I ever watch.

Seems like a personal dislike is going on while the real dominators are overlooked.

Honored Contributor

ITA with Free.    I don't find GZ unlikable, or overbearing, at all.    I still watch 'The Kitchen' even though I'm not a fan of Sunny.   But now that she's been outside I just ff through her segments.    It's kind of cool that the others are all in the studio now and, TBH, kind of wonder why she still works outside.  I can see if she might be concerned about the virus, though, so no judgment there.

Alex G has grown on me over the years and I also like the others on The Kitchen.  Jeff is silly funny, but so sweet.  Katie Lee is lovely and, while I do have some problems (due to hearing issues) with higher pitched voices, I enjoy watching her and I love how she has her little family now and her husband seems likable as well.

Frequent Contributor

I am always happy to see Geoffrey on IKWD !!  I have ordered and enjoy many of his items!  Especialy his recent cookbook!!  He is a true professional!!! 

Respected Contributor

I love his vegetable chopper.  I have a mild case of essential tremor in my hands and there are times than using knives isn't in my best interest.  That chopper works like a charm when I need it.  Very even cuts and easy to clean.

Esteemed Contributor

I can take or leave Geoffrey Zakarian; he's no better or worse than most of the people who show up on ITKWD presenting their own products. I don't feel he is on air more than most of the others—it seems like he'll be on for a couple weeks in a row, and then he'll be away for a month and we get threads speculating that he's never coming back. As with most things around the Q, there's no pleasing everyone.

Honored Contributor

I bought his cookbook since I know I can get more use out of my two cast iron pans.  His personality on ITKWD is much warmer than that on Chopped.  

Contributor

That Cooks Essential guy is Aaron McCargo and I love him!! He is witty and down to earth. He is a real chef too!! I enjoy watching another black host on QVC other than Jane. Please!! QVC makes too much money to not have more of a diverse host staff. Are there any Asians at all? I do not want any snide remarks. JMO!

Respected Contributor
@flashgordon, it’s a valid point.
Valued Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I don't mind Geoffrey so much on The Kitchen, but not on Chopped. I don't like any of the chef judges on Chopped except maybe Maneet.

I only watched a few full episodes of Chopped because I don't like the way the judges look at the chefs, mainly Alex, who has such disdain in her eyes.

I like to watch fun shows where people are having a good time. 

I love Guy's Grocery Games as well as Diner's, Drive Ins and Dives.  It is where I first saw Maneet before she started popping up on Chopped and other shows. 

The show The Kitchen has a lot of strong personalities but my absolute favorite is Sunny Anderson.