Respected Contributor

I don't cook or bake very much these days, but I do crave pizza every so often. I buy DeGiorno's self rising pizza. It's not very good comparing to the pizza I would make, and I don't always have the time to purchase it from the Italian stores, but I can store the frozen pizzas in the freezer til I need them. I'm not crazy about it, but just wondering if anyone has found a decent frozen pizza.

Trusted Contributor

There are some frozen pizzas that we really like, but I think that they might be regional to us here in Wisconsin.

My favorite is a Home Run Inn pizza.

It has a really buttery crust, and the sauce isn't too spicy for me. 

Respected Contributor

Costco's cheese pizzas are good.  I add extra toppings to make them better.  Penzey's Frozen Pizzza seasoning is great because it doesn't add salt and gives the pizza extra flavor.

Esteemed Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

Costco's cheese pizzas are good.  I add extra toppings to make them better.  Penzey's Frozen Pizzza seasoning is great because it doesn't add salt and gives the pizza extra flavor.

I second that! Their cheese pizza is the best of prepared pizzas I have found.

I generally don't eat pizza like that from a store, but make an exception with theirs.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Living in New York we get the best pizza IMO. My DH is Italian. Frozen pizza isn't an option in our house. In about 30 minutes we can get one delivered.Yummy!! 🍕 

Honored Contributor

we buy frozen pizzas from schwans home delivery. we prefer the ones that are the rising crust. i make a caesar salad as the side and it is a complete meal. my son loves them......so do his friends. lol

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Frozen Pizza...

[ Edited ]

I use Flat-Outs flatbread to make my own pizza. I put the flatbread on my George Foreman grill (with it flat and not tilted). I add all the toppings I want and then lower the lid and prop it up with two small cedar blocks...so the grill lid bakes the top but doesn’t touch it. Delicious and healthy. I pile on the veggies!

Honored Contributor

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush Tombstone is my favorite. And  we still really like Chef Boy-ar-dee boxed pizza kits.

Honored Contributor

We no longer buy frozen pizza but boxed Chef Boy ar dee pizzas bring back yummy memories.

We enjoy Sam’s club pizzas but haven’t frozen them.