Frequent Contributor

Frigidaire Gallery oven question

I just replaced my Jenair oven after 22yrs with a frigidaire gallery. We used it for the first time tonight to heat up a pizza. As soon as I turned it on the fan blew from the top. It seemed loud but maybe I just wasn't use to it. After I shut it off the fan blew for a whole hour to cool down ? I'm not use to having a fan on after turning it off. It was loud to us.....has anyone else have this oven or another one that the fan runs like this? If I have them come and replace it what should I replace it with? Any advice is appreciated.
Valued Contributor

Re: Frigidaire Gallery oven question

Did you like your Jenair? I had one in my last home and loved it. When the one I have now goes belly up (was here when we bought the home) I am going to get another Jenair. The one we had was convection and boy did I love that baby.

Honored Contributor

I've got that oven. And above it is a Frigidaire Gallery microwave (I've never used) with a built in exhaust fan system on the bottom of it. I've never turned on the fan manually.

However, if I have all the burners going sometimes, a LOUD fan will automatically turn on. Scares the daylights out of me because I'm not expecting it and I'm usually standing right there.

I figured the exhaust fan has a sensor that was automatic. Do you have a hood over your oven or a microwave with a fan built in?

Frequent Contributor

I have the single oven that is built into the wall. I loved the Jenair but no one sells them here in this small town anymore. Anyone have any recommendations?
Honored Contributor

My mom had a wall oven that did that.. it drove her crazy. I have a Fridgidaire range and mine doesn't do that. Is yours a wall oven? Maybe they need a fan to cool them down because they are so well insulated.

My Fridgidaire range has a hood with an automatic fan like Lucky Charm. Once it comes on, there's nothing you can do to stop it - you have to let it stop on its own. It's VERY LOUD! When I'm cooking something that I think will trigger it I turn the fan on manually. If I turn it on manually I can turn it off without waiting for the auto-shut off.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 11/10/2014 tucker said: I have the single oven that is built into the wall. I loved the Jenair but no one sells them here in this small town anymore. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm sorry, I didn't see this before writing my last post. I'm wondering if all wall ovens come with a fan to cool them down.

~ house cat ~