Super Contributor
Hope someone can help. I made beef stew yesterday and separated part of it before I added the vegetables to freeze. In other words, I don't think carrots and potatoes freeze well so I intended on freezing a potion without it and I forgot. Is it safe to still freeze it now a day after making it? I couldn't find the answer anywhere on the Internet. Thanks
Honored Contributor

No reason it wouldn't be, as long as it's been in the refrigerator these last couple days, hopefully sealed up in an airtight container or something similar.

BTW, I've made stew and other such dishes and froze the whole thing, veg and all, without problems. I think once they're cooked they freeze well. That said, however, I always freeze in a container then vacuum seal in a bag so that it will store well. The same quality wouldn't be maintained in a container or baggie or something with air in it, though. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You can still freeze it.

I've frozen soups and stews with vegetables before with no problems whatsoever.

Esteemed Contributor

Today I ate a homemade soup that was frozen for 8 months. It had potatoes and carrots and they were perfect. Hopefully your stew will be good also.

Super Contributor
Next time I'll know I can freeze veggies and all but my question, is it still freezable after a day in fridge? Usually I cook it and freeze things same day. I freeze my things usually in lock n lock containers.
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/6/2015 Debbie555 said: Next time I'll know I can freeze veggies and all but my question, is it still freezable after a day in fridge? Usually I cook it and freeze things same day. I freeze my things usually in lock n lock containers.

Absolutely you can!!

Honored Contributor

It's still freezable. As long as it's been refrigerated, you can freeze it with no problems.

Super Contributor
Thanks All!! Going to do that now.
Honored Contributor
Yes, we freeze stews, chili, soups, sauces. Like using the quart sized freezer bags since it is a quantity that is a single serve portion. Convenient & easy to store-flat bags vs containers.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
It will probably taste even better after a day in the fridge.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment