Regular Contributor

FoodSaver concerns/questions...

Hey all,

I purchased that FoodSaver that was a TSV I think it was back in December but I can't remember now. I just got around to using it lastnight with some hamburger and I'm not sure if I'm doing this right.

I put the unused raw meat into a bag, then vac'd/sealed the bag...it look mighty impressive to me and I was like "OMG IT REALLY WORKS!" I put it in the freezer and this morning I'm noticing that there are some areas inside the bag that are forming what I guess are ice crystals/freezer burn...whatever you wanna call it...it's definitely coming from the inside of the bag though. So...did I do something wrong or does this item not work perfectly like they claim it does?

Should I have frozen the meat first before using the machine (soft foods verses something hard that can really seal up well) or did I do it correctly? I hope I didn't waste my money on this thing.

Thanks

Occasional Contributor

Re: FoodSaver concerns/questions...

i am having the same issue and half of what i sealed was frozen.. ugh   did you ever find a solution??

Honored Contributor

Re: FoodSaver concerns/questions...

@Drewps5co0tt

@ladypfeif

There is a very good thread that may help you with your Foodsaver issues:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/foodsaver-letting-air-back-in/m-p/2929965#U2929965

hth.