Occasional Visitor

What is with all the food product being sold on the food shows?  I don't understand selling prepared food. I have ordered food in the past and will never do again. Product came smashed, crumbled and way too expensive. The pice of food in your local grocery is high enough but the pice on qvc is ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't think you need my answer - but - you asked...........

Convenient:   food delivered to door - lots of elderly people living alone - no car - or stores not handy by - or can do longer cook or bake.

Something new and different - is why I often order food on the Q.  Their salmon is delicious and so sweet from the cold deep waters in the Pacific and not raised in over crowed fish farms where the water is yucky and the salmon swim and swim in that awful environment to end up on my dinner plate.

Somethings - like meat - are better at my local butcher shop - but perhaps not everybody has a ......local butcher.

Hope this helps your understanding............

Respected Contributor

Welcome, YET AGAIN, brand, new, griping poster! A real trend here on the forums. Woman Frustrated

You don't understand QVC selling prepared food? What would you prefer they sell...radishes and plums??    

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt

Beautifully explained! I too, get their question, but when you put yourselves in others shoes, and they CAN order and enjoy, why not?? They make the food items so darn appetizing too. So, if that's what you like, and want- GO FOR IT👍🏼 Not everyone likes shopping, my husband for one, 🙄 deplores it. Lol. Me? I ❤️ it.  

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

@hanoverprez wrote:

What is with all the food product being sold on the food shows?  I don't understand selling prepared food. I have ordered food in the past and will never do again. Product came smashed, crumbled and way too expensive. The pice of food in your local grocery is high enough but the pice on qvc is ridiculous.

I’ll answer as if your senseless question is legitimate instead of just carping or  feigned ignorance.  On a fairly regular basis, timed with holidays people enjoy celebrating with food, QVC sells prepared food so their customers can entertain friends and family with food that is ready to heat and eat or can be offered quickly without fuss or a lot of prep.

For that convenience, flavors, and popular choices of favorites, people are often willing to pay somewhat expensive costs. To them the quality, value and convenience of having a 4th of July spread pretty much ready to eat outweighs what you find so enigmatic. There were similar food selling pushes a couple of weeks before Memorial Day, now for Independence Day, and you can start griping in astonishment when there’s more of the same before Labor Day. 

Your single disappointing experience in delivery of food from QVC is valid for you. But it’s disingenuous to assert that everyone feels the same and QVC is wrong to serve the needs of hundreds of folks who love the food offerings and order with confidence and satisfaction.  

Why does QVC sell anything—food or merchandise?  Because there are people who buy it and enjoy their purchases. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

@hanoverprez wrote:

I’ll answer as if your senseless question is legitimate instead of just carping or  feigned ignorance.  On a fairly regular basis, timed with holidays people enjoy celebrating with food, QVC sells prepared food so their customers can entertain friends and family with food that is ready to heat and eat or can be offered quickly without fuss or a lot of prep.

For that convenience, flavors, and popular choices of favorites, people are often willing to pay somewhat expensive costs. To them the quality, value and convenience of having a 4th of July spread pretty much ready to eat outweighs what you find so enigmatic. There were similar food selling pushes a couple of weeks before Memorial Day, now for Independence Day, and you can start griping in astonishment when there’s more of the same before Labor Day. 

Your single disappointing experience in delivery of food from QVC is valid for you. But it’s disingenuous to assert that everyone feels the same and QVC is wrong to serve the needs of hundreds of folks who love the food offerings and order with confidence and satisfaction.  

Why does QVC sell anything—food or merchandise?  Because there are people who buy it and enjoy their purchases. 

@gizmogal ..... VERY WELL SAID 😍

Honored Contributor

Duh, what do you expect to be sold on a food show? Tires? Shoes? LOL!

Trusted Contributor

All I can figure out there must be a bunch of bored, lazy people, with more money than brains watching the food shows.  The food is way over priced.  People must buy it.  

Respected Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

All I can figure out there must be a bunch of bored, lazy people, with more money than brains watching the food shows.  The food is way over priced.  People must buy it.  

You described me perfectly: bored, lazy, lots of money, miniscule brain.   Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@Lila4Now wrote:

You described me perfectly: bored, lazy, lots of money, miniscule brain.   Thanks!

@CLEM------I must protest.....I thought @Lila4Now was speaking directly to me....LOL

I am pretty smart but am probably wealthier than I am intelligent ......I wouldn't have it any other way ! I am NEVER bored but I can be very lazy..