Honored Contributor

Not a fan of fried seafood or any food fried much--but I like both condiments

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Not a fan of fried seafood or any food fried much--but I like both condiments

I fry my food in a Ninja Foodie air fryer I love my shrimp cooked in it. Also have a recipe, By Cuisine America, which  made and been using  !/2 C Apricot preserves     1T rice wine vinegar   3/4 t crushed red pepper flakes.   I found the recipe here on the computer, and I really like it, so much different from the regular dips. Don't know who the person is who put this on , but try it. Thank you to who that is.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, how I love fried seafood -- fish, clams, oysters, shrimp, scallops!  Tartar sauce is a must with all fried seafood.  Not a big fan of coctail sauce, but will use it on cold shrimp.  

Honored Contributor

I can't stand tartar sauce.  I always ask for red sauce.  And no mayo on a burger ever!  My only beloved white stuff is blue cheese dessing with extra blue cheese! 

Esteemed Contributor

Tartar with fried haddock and Cocktail sauce with shrimp

Contributor

Yup I'm a tried and true Bostonian and love fried clams and yes we absolutely say scollaps with that drawn out A either way you say it they are delicious.

Valued Contributor

NO tartar sauce for me either, Yuck!

Give me cocktail and/or hot sauce for my seafood, period! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Only fried fish I ever had was "fish and chips" and used malt vinegar on the fish....Brit style.

Otherwise, no fried fish for me. Cat Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

With fried seafood, do you like tartar sauce or cocktail sauce?

I prefer tartar sauce with fried seafood and coctail sauce with cold shrimp.

@ECBG  I agree and I like hot melted butter to dip lobster in.  I like freshly squeezed lemon on clams on the half shell.

Yup!  Lobster with melted butter is sooooo good I wouldn't want to mask the flavor with anything else.  Yum!  Cocktail sauce with cold shrimp for sure.  As for other seafood I'm flexible. 

Honored Contributor

Cocktail sauce on shrimp, tartar sauce on breaded fish.  I make my own recipes for both sauces.