Frequent Contributor

Food Network Thanksgiving Live

Maybe Im wrong but it looks like it got canned this year. I don't see it on the guide or being advertised on the channel. The last 2 years were a hot mess but last year was worse than the first. I guess Food Network read the feedback. All I see, is this Thanksgiving at Bobby's for this year. No Giada, no Alton and not live…. lol Im gonna watch. But I have to admit, I was kinda looking forward to watching an all new train wreck this year. =D

Trusted Contributor

Re: Food Network Thanksgiving Live

I was thinking about this program last weekend and thought perhaps I had missed the commercials. I'm not a TV critic but I enjoyed both years and found them wildly entertaining. I'm sorry to hear this! After cutting her finger so badly last year perhaps Giada didn't want to be on this year.

Honored Contributor

There is a Bobby Flay Thanksgiving show coming up. I forgot the name, but it's on Food Network. It's probably just one of those where he and the other FN cooks/chefs each make a dish. Looks cute.

There was this holiday baking competition I was watching for a few episodes but the last episode they totally eliminated the wrong person so I dropped it. Before that I liked it, though. As soon as there is a very obvious manipulation of the results, as in this case, I'm outta there.

Trusted Contributor

It seems as though they've gone the way of so many other stations that are doing their stupid reality shows. Very few shows that actually do just plain old cooking, so show you how to cook. The Pioneer Woman & Trisha Yearwood are about the only shows that I still watch on that channel any more. And, BTW, whatever happened to Lenny what's-his- name, the Next Food Network Star? Why no show? Have not heard a thing about him with a new show.

Frequent Contributor

On 11/19/2014 aggravated said:

I was thinking about this program last weekend and thought perhaps I had missed the commercials. I'm not a TV critic but I enjoyed both years and found them wildly entertaining. I'm sorry to hear this! After cutting her finger so badly last year perhaps Giada didn't want to be on this year.

OH yeah! Lenny…. There seems to be some controversy with Lenny and some internet posts and derogatory things towards Ree and possible racist stuff. I dunno if its true but if you google it, theres a lot of stuff there. Food Network might have passed on him but they probably won't say it. It'll just go away.