Valued Contributor

I just found some flour tortillas wrapped in paper towels stored in my L&L.  I know they've been there for at least 2, maybe 3, months but got pushed around and hidden until I just found them.   They look fine.  No mold of any kind or any color.  They smell the way they should smell. Fully plyable. I ripped off a small piece and it tastes the way its supposed to taste.

My question is, do you think they're safe to consume?  They were in an air tight container and in a dark, cool, place.  Part of me says, logically, I should toss them but they look and taste perfecting fine so I'm wondering what you all think, even though I think I may already know.   :smileyhappy: Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had flour tortillas that last months and are fine. I keep them in the bag they come in and never have a problem. I do toss them after a few months just to be on the safe side and buy fresh.

Valued Contributor

They will be safe to eat . There’s nothing in they that would spoil . 

Trusted Contributor

@Chessa35 wrote:

They will be safe to eat . There’s nothing in they that would spoil . 

There is no nutritional value in them, either but they sure can taste good. 

Respected Contributor

@Melzie  They're a bread form.  After close examination, they should be fine.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

Wow!  Thanks guys!  I expected everyone to tell me to toss them but I'm glad that I got confirmation of what I was thinking.  There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them that I can see so was happy to read experiences shared by others.  I really hate to throw food out if I don't have to, especially with prices going up the way they are.  I think L&L helped too.  Thanks again folks.