Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

BOOP

Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and text

Respected Contributor

That photo looks very Photoshopped!  Even so, I live in Florida, and it's common for us to have pouring rain and sunny skies at the same time.  I refer to what you show in the picture, minus the rain, as a Black and Blue Sky.  

Esteemed Contributor

Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor, nature and water

You are right, they look photoshopped, but I live in Florida also and they are only too real.  Just because it is raining across the street doesn't mean you will get a shower!  This is from WTVT in Tampa.

Valued Contributor

@Zhills, I lived in Palm Harbor for 20 years and saw that sky/weather many times!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I am in Florida too and it is about to downpour as I type.  What I think is so funny here is that it can be raining with blue skies and the sun out.  Very strange.  I never exerienced that in Ohio!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I drove up to the gate to get into my communnity a few weeks ago, and saw that it was pouring at the corner ahead of me.... 1/10 mile or less.  Of course I had to turn at that corner.  

Many, many, MANY years ago, in Albany, NY, I was driving down a street at the exact speed, and in the same direction, that the rain front was moving.  It was dry in front of my car, but pouring on my car.  That went on for about a half mile, when I had to stop for a red light.  The rain front had no respect for the traffic laws, and it kept going!

Honored Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I have lived in Florida since 1971 and have seen it rain across the street and be in the sunshine on this side.  Go figure.

Boop

Valued Contributor

Don't you Floridians usually get sharp lightning and thunder with those storm clouds?

Honored Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

Don't you Floridians usually get sharp lightning and thunder with those storm clouds?

@giddy up

Only if it is a thunder storm. Not all rain is accompanied by thunder & lightning.