Honored Contributor

Re: First QVC kitchen item I've ever returned.

@novamc1   Agree!!  I use the lid to get the water to a boil.  Once I thow the pasta in it remains uncovered until it is done.

Esteemed Contributor

I don´t understand about all the boil overs. Is it because the pots are too small for the amount of water and pasta being boiled? I have never had this happen to me because I will use an 8 quart pot to boil a 2 pound box of pasta. Wolfgang puck had an 8qt pot with a pasta insert which I love. I also use an oval pot which works perfectly,

Trusted Contributor

I bought these several years ago from QVC.  They were made by Kuhn Rikon.  I use them a lot and I love them.  They are great for rice, oatmeal, pasta, potatoes really anything that boils on top of the stove.  They have saved me from many many cleanup messes on the stove.  I bought my mom a set and she loves them too.

Honored Contributor

It might have something to do with the altitude.  Since I've been living at a higher altitude, it takes water ridiculously long to boil, and once it does it's hard to keep it boiling. If I don't put a lid on the pot, it will stop boiling completely- but when I do, it boils over.  I usually place the lid on slightly askew so some of the steam can escape.

~ house cat ~