New Contributor

Farberware Pressure Cooker Question

I have a Farberware 8-Qt. Pressure Cooker that I purchased from QVC and love it.  However, when I went to use it tonight, I set it on Pressure, High, 10 minutes, and Start.  When the pressure built up, it started to release the pressure on it's own and the 10 minute countdown never started.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Farberware Pressure Cooker Question

I am not familiar with your particular pressure cooker, but the only times mine has done that is when I either haven't closed the valve (set to pressure not release) or when I haven't had enough liquid and it evaporates before it actually reaches pressure.

Honored Contributor

just guessing sounds like a safety issue. Lid wasn't on tight, controls was set on 'steam' instead of pressure something like that.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

If it's the one I'm thinking, the Cook's Essential model is the same. Did it actually build up pressure?

Certain things that I've made in mine that are on the thick side, like stew I'll per warm first to get everything loose, otherwise pressure never builds up before the timer starts to count down.