Valued Contributor

HES NOW SELLING HIS FOOD ON ERVINE   GUESS HE NEEDS MONEY HE  IS WORTH 30 MILLON   HE DID SELL ON QVC ONE TIME

Honored Contributor

Saw him on EVINE and wondered about it.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

Re: FRANKIE AVALON

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

He also at one time sold his pain relief cream on HSN.

Honored Contributor

I think lots of people who don't necessarily need money work anyway.  And if they have money already and a well-known name as Avalon does, they have even more choices about the work they do than most of us do.  But there are wealthy people all around us in our own families and neighbors working for more than money.

I don't begrudge the rich earning more money.  I just think since they do have more opportunity, they also have more responsibility to use their wealth for far more than just living well themselves.  Fortunately, many, many of them do just that in their support of charities, museums, the arts, scientific research, etc.

I've often heard Dave Ramsey say that one of the best reasons for getting out of debt and then spending what we have carefully is that then we can give to others more freely.  He's talking about all of us who have anything extra  up to multimillionaires like him and all the way up to the very top levels of the billionaires.  It's okay to earn and have - it's necessary to give.

Esteemed Contributor
He's been pitching products for decades. I recall him on HSN in 1990. People like getting a look at him and the chance to call in and say hello. I'm sure he enjoys feeling connected with a huge audience, many of whom are old enough to have been his fans in his heyday.
Respected Contributor

Maybe he just likes doing what he's doing.   Some people have more than one passion.  The only difference between him and vendors that go from selling one kind of item to another is that he was known for acting. 

Honored Contributor

He sure looks very short.

Valued Contributor

HES 5/7

Respected Contributor

@makena wrote:

Maybe he just likes doing what he's doing.   Some people have more than one passion.  The only difference between him and vendors that go from selling one kind of item to another is that he was known for acting. 

really, he was a singer -  huge way back when "American Bandstand/****** Clark" were in their heyday..  then they built movies around him for a while.