Respected Contributor

Recently I posted that I had given my Emeril Air Fryer to my grandson and wife. They are loving it. I haven't found one that I would replace it with but I find don't even miss it.

I am using the Breville Smart Oven almost every day. I am not much of a chicken lover but due to pancreatitis I am not to eat red meat or any other fatty meat. I just sprinkle Buck's Seasoning (may be a regional seasoning just here) on the boneless/skinless chicken thighs and bake. They bake in about 25 minutes and taste delicious. I pat any juice off them and slice and make a chicken sandwich on wheat bread. Aldi's bread is delicious and so inexpensive. Since I no longer can eat white bread or pasta I am replacing with alternatives.

I enjoyed my Air Fryer but I think it is just as fast to make what I need in the Breville Oven and the grease is very little to affect my food restrictions. I would replace this Oven in a flash if anything happens to it. I bought the extra rack and it comes in handy also. The best part is I am enjoying eating chicken.

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE my Breville.....use it at least twice a day......

Respected Contributor

@MKR14  When I had an air fryer for a few weeks, I felt I can do what I eat in my Breville Pro.

I am glad to read that you are doing much better on this new diet and hope there won't be any more relapse.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM Thanks. Since I had the acute pancreatitis my diet is now even stricter. It is something as a "foodie" I learn to live with. I just justify what I am thinking of eating now and ask myself, Is it worth a hospital stay again? The answer is a definite No!  I am happy I can get out and have the strength to drive and shop for myself now. My husband is an angel but there is nothing like doing things yourself. Take care. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

Recently I posted that I had given my Emeril Air Fryer to my grandson and wife. They are loving it. I haven't found one that I would replace it with but I find don't even miss it.

I am using the Breville Smart Oven almost every day. I am not much of a chicken lover but due to pancreatitis I am not to eat red meat or any other fatty meat. I just sprinkle Buck's Seasoning (may be a regional seasoning just here) on the boneless/skinless chicken thighs and bake. They bake in about 25 minutes and taste delicious. I pat any juice off them and slice and make a chicken sandwich on wheat bread. Aldi's bread is delicious and so inexpensive. Since I no longer can eat white bread or pasta I am replacing with alternatives.

I enjoyed my Air Fryer but I think it is just as fast to make what I need in the Breville Oven and the grease is very little to affect my food restrictions. I would replace this Oven in a flash if anything happens to it. I bought the extra rack and it comes in handy also. The best part is I am enjoying eating chicken.

I love using various seasonings, some are a hit, some are a miss but its fun to experiment.    I think the reason I've never purchased an air fryer is I would rather have a convection oven.   My mom always cooked in one and everything she made out came out so juicy, even when well done.   

Respected Contributor

I know you are tired of chicken, but what about turkey or lean pork or fish like salmon?  When my convection/rotisserie goes, I'll be in the market for a new counter top oven, so the Breville is on my list.

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14, I looked at the Brevelle and decided to go with the NuWave instead. But regardless of which countertop oven brand, I know exactly what you mean in the impact on daily diet.

I use mine several times daily, and I did wear out my 1st one, replacing it this year with another NuWave. 

Its easy and quick to cook salmon and chicken, etc.

Odd shaped breads that dont fit in the toaster will toast nicely.

Need to eat more veg? I'm grilling mushrooms, sweet peppers, eggplant, and zucchini today. I even love carrots now that I can grill them.

And later I'll grill pears and top them with yogurt, ginger preserves, and sea salt.

I love these compact, countertop ovens that work anywhere, at any height. All you have to have is an outlet. I wish they'd been around years ago. I would've had my countertop and cupboard space expanded, and never bought that big waste-of-space stove.

Valued Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I absolutely love my Breville Smart Oven Pro!  I bought mine directly from Breville, they make great products. Glad you like yours too!

Respected Contributor

Re: Breville Smart Oven Pro

[ Edited ]

@software I wish I could use many popular seasonings but my acid reflux and pancreatitis seems to make them too strong for my system. I use salt lightly and I would be lost without that. Luckily my BP is good. I am in envy for all the great spices I am not allowed to eat anymore. Mild ones like parsley though I can add. I experiment .I love vegetables so they are good fillers.

@Tigriss I do like fish in my oven and my favorite is Swai. It is a mild fish and so inexpensive. My husband aways loved haddock but enjoys the Swai also. I can't have it deep fried or beer battered but I just add some bread crumbs that are lightly seasoned to the Swai. I am not much on eating turkey but am going to try a small turkey breast in my Breville soon. I bet it will be good in there. I can't have any pork due to any fat content.

@x Hedge I think I will start making more vegetables in my Breville. Thanks for the reminder. They haven't been taken away from me yet. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the nice replies and hints to all. I would get just a larger Breville oven like I have if I had to replace the one I have now. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge  When people talk about using a NuWave, I never know what they mean.  There are a number of products available.  Do you mean this one?

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000316 EndHTML:000082291 StartFragment:000081753 EndFragment:000082159 StartSelection:000081753 EndSelection:000082159 SourceURL:https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nuwave+induction+c... Amazon.com: nuwave induction cooktop