Respected Contributor

Evine's TTV: Paula Dean 8.5 qt air fryer--highly recommend!

If anyone's in the market for a fantastic air fryer, I highly recommend the Paula Deen 8.5 qt available as a TTV on evine.  Just go to evine. com and type in Paula Deen air fryer.  The item number is 474-909.

It is large!  You can always cook smaller portions in a larger air fryer, but you can't cook larger portions in a smaller air fryer.  It is just my husband and me, and I can't imagine having one that is smaller.  

It features ceramic nonstick and has a one-basket design...so easy to get in and out!  It's quiet, cooks evenly...we just love it!  And this round of it being offered as a TTV features extra inserts and a basket!  Much better extras offered than when I bought mine as a TTV last February.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Evine's TTV: Paula Dean 8.5 qt air fryer--highly recommend!

@Ainhisg I agree with everything you said.

Respected Contributor

@AinhisgDoes the ceramic non-stick live up to all of the ad ? 

That is the same as her sons cookware isn't it? I plan to try some of that sometime. It gets good reveiws.

Honored Contributor

While I am not in the market for an air fryer I do watch kitchen shows.  IMO Paula Deens items are far superior to others.  I bought her ceramic dutch oven and I really like it and it is very sturdy.  Her crockpot/slow cooker (which I am interested in) is miles ahead of the competition.

I would not hesitate to buy her air fryer or any thing else she has.  Also, the same for her sons items.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@AinhisgDoes the ceramic non-stick live up to all of the ad ? 

That is the same as her sons cookware isn't it? I plan to try some of that sometime. It gets good reveiws.

@okaywitheasypay, I think it does, but this is the only air fryer I've ever owned, so I have nothing to compare it to except my non-stick hard anodized cookware.  Everything just slips off of it.  I have found, though, that to get the best, easiest clean on it, I have to use the original blue Dawn dish soap.  I was using Palmolive and found that it wasn't removing some of the residue.

Yes, this is the Gran-It (sp) interior that is featured in her sons' cookware, and I've never read anything but steller reviews on it.

Valued Contributor

@Ainhisg, thanks for sharing the great review!  I had no idea anyone made such a large AF!  I have the PowerXL which I love, but I agree it would be great to have a larger capacity.   Heart

Respected Contributor

tgbtg. i was just on amazon looking at air fryers having no idea what to pick and gave up and came on to this site and read your post then went on evine and checked it out and it was on sale for a great price so we ordered it with the 3 year extended service plan so thank you so much for posting that. and your reveiw was good to.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1, as my dad used to say, "If you don't like it, I'll buy you a treat."  lol  I will be so shocked if you don't just fall in love with it like I have.  And like I told you before, you might consider joining some air fryer Facebook groups.  Everyone is so helpful on them!  Lots of good cooking ideas, recipes, etc.  Here are the four I belong to:

Paula Deen Air Fryer--Tips and Recipes

Cook's Essentials Air Fryer

Air Fryer Tips and Recipes

Josephine's Air Fryer Recipe Group

Even though some of these groups cater to a particular brand, all brands are discussed and used.  The Cook's Essentials Air Fryer group is on fire today talking about the Paula Deen air fryer.

As an aside, we had big chef salads for dinner tonight, and I flattened three boneless chicken breasts, sprayed them with extra light olive oil, spinkled them with lemon pepper, and "fried" them for about 10 minutes on each side (until they reached 165 degrees) in my preheated PD air fryer at 362 degrees.  So moist and juicy...and very little clean up!  No heating up your house either!

Highly advise buying an EVO sprayer available here on the Q or on Amazon and filling with the oil of your choice.  I use extra light olive oil, because it has a high smoke point, but there are many good ones.

If I can help in any way once you get yours, let me know!  What color did you get?  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I agree. I love mine, and it has plenty of room for loads of things including full chicken breasts and a turkey breast half. The ceramic is very nice and nothing has stuck or been a problem yet. I've had it since it was first offered.
Respected Contributor

thank you so much. i will let my wife know about facebook groups and we got it in black. your timing of your post was perfect.