Honored Contributor

Re: Evine's TTV: Paula Dean 8.5 qt air fryer--highly recommend!

@aubnwa01 wrote:

My PD 8.5 Qt AF came yesterday & I have a question for those of you who have it already.  In reading the "What's Included" page, it say the square plate with the hole in the middle is a cooking insert that you place in the bottom to give a crispy finish to food.  If I used the mesh basket to cook something crispy like fries or fish fillets, etc. would I use that plate in the bottom under the mesh basket or just put the mesh basket into the cooking drawer thing by itself?  TIA

@aubnwa01  I have (and love) this fryer and bought it the first time around so I don't have that mesh basket (yes I am jealous!).  If the mesh basket has feet, I wouldn't use the insert but if it doesn't I think I would use it.  I hope you enjoy cooking in yours as much as I do . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @momtochloe  My older & smaller AF is one where the handle to pull out the drawer is the handle on the detachable basket which sits a little bit above the bottom, so PD's with the separate basket & all of those plates that go in the bottom is a new concept to me!  The basket doesn't have feet, so I'm thinking I'll use it with the cooking plate under it.

Occasional Contributor

Agreed!! Paula makes some fine stuff. Love the air fryer. QVC really lost out when they got rid of her. She does have quality stuff with her name on it. 

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01  I think that's a great idea as using that insert will help with the air flow beneath the basket.  I thought of you today as it was stock up in the freezer section for me (fries/onion rings/fish filets) plus I bought fresh corn that I shucked and tossed in the air fryer.  Delish and such a great whiff!  Corn on the cob animated emoticon

Respected Contributor

we recieved the blue jean chef cookbook yestauday. i highly recomend you getting it. its full of great recipes and tips for using the air fryer for cooking all different meats and foods, we got it on amazon for 17 dollars and got on 2 day shipping. we made fried chicken the other day but in a frying pan because maria was waiting for cookbook to use as a giude. so far she made brownies cinnamon buns toast and toasted buns to put chickpea and tomato salad over. good luck.

Valued Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

we recieved the blue jean chef cookbook yestauday. i highly recomend you getting it. its full of great recipes and tips for using the air fryer for cooking all different meats and foods, we got it on amazon for 17 dollars and got on 2 day shipping. we made fried chicken the other day but in a frying pan because maria was waiting for cookbook to use as a giude. so far she made brownies cinnamon buns toast and toasted buns to put chickpea and tomato salad over. good luck.

They also have her book at Sam’s Club, but I can’t remember the price. It is less than than 17 I think. 

Respected Contributor

I am loving my 8.5 Air Fryer!  This a fabulous upgrade from my original Emeril AF I have had for a few years.  The 8.5 comes with more bells & whistles.  I have tried many items & everything has turned out great!  @Pooky1, I haven’t baked brownies yet, I plan on doing so soon, stay tuned! 

Respected Contributor

maria made today bananas forster bread pudding out of her blue jean chefs air fryer cookbook in the pd air fryer. came out reay good. she made it in ramakins and it said to tent with aluminum foil and it made it easyer to take them out of air fryer. we love it. she has made alot of stuff in it. shes allways saying shes so glad we bought it.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

maria made today bananas forster bread pudding out of her blue jean chefs air fryer cookbook in the pd air fryer. came out reay good. she made it in ramakins and it said to tent with aluminum foil and it made it easyer to take them out of air fryer. we love it. she has made alot of stuff in it. shes allways saying shes so glad we bought it.

@Pooky1, I am the original poster, and I’m so glad that you are enjoying it as much as we do!