Honored Contributor

Re: Everyone's Invited To Dinner!

Ice cream on the porch and maybe a walk by a stream afterward?  Fabulous, @ECBG   

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@GingerPeach Actually, we can walk down the ivy covered drop off to the small pond (which, as a pup, Shadow fell into!).  We have some baby ducks there.  There are also some wild iris that grow at the pond's edge.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@GingerPeach Actually, we can walk down the ivy covered drop off to the small pond (which, as a pup, Shadow fell into!).  We have some baby ducks there.  There are also some wild iris that grow at the pond's edge.Smiley Happy

I love every word of your post, @ECBG  

I once saved some baby ducks from our HOA's pool.  

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

I love every word of your post, @ECBG  

I once saved some baby ducks from our HOA's pool.  

@GingerPeach When DH gets home, (he keeps doctors up), I'll take a picture (it's a small area), but he will have to shrink it.  I can't do that.  I tried to shrink once before and just didn't suceed!  lol!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach , This is where Shadow plays.  These pictures are from last year.  Now everything is covered with leaves. 

The path goes down the drop off down to the lower area.  The pond to the left, has the baby ducks.  The right hand pond usually has the wild iris in orange and purple patches.

We are in the N.C. mountains and today we're a whoppin' 71 degrees with the slightest breeze.  Everything is just beginning to wake up, the buds on the trees haven't opened.  The white flowers of the Bradford trees have been around about two weeks and I have seen a few daffodils.  I haven't raked around my fern in the front woods because I didn't want a late cold spell to damage them.

20190831_185616.jpg

20190831_185610.jpg

The green on the other side of the pond is the "new woods" that have grown up on the former golf course.  The "woods" are going through the interesting stages development of woods goes through.  

DH will pull a little back on the back side of the pond to create a path for Shadow.

The lighter green you see through the trees is the mountain on the other side of the road.

Honored Contributor

I love your area, @ECBG 

How soothing to be able to find yourself there from time to time.  

You are a good caretaker, too!  

I wish I had moved like I wanted to well before all "this" started.  Maybe I'd be closer to beauty like in these pictures, too.  (My area has lots of nice spots, of course, but none as close to my own home, meaning not in walking distance. I think that makes all the difference.)

Thank you for posting the photos.  I actually feel calm(er).  Heart

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I love your area, @ECBG 

How soothing to be able to find yourself there from time to time.  

You are a good caretaker, too!  

I wish I had moved like I wanted to well before all "this" started.  Maybe I'd be closer to beauty like in these pictures, too.  (My area has lots of nice spots, of course, but none as close to my own home, meaning not in walking distance. I think that makes all the difference.)

Thank you for posting the photos.  I actually feel calm(er).  Heart

@GingerPeach  Thank you.  When I go down there, my nose runs, lol!!!!!  I am on several antihistamines plus shots which I will never get past!  I'm in the top 5 of the entire most allergic in the practice!

I might add, that in snow, we melt out about 5 days after the county schools.  I've spent half of my life driving on ice when I taught!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  A small gift to thank you for the pictures.

Image result for case of kleenex pretty boxes

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach Thanks!  I buy them 10 boxes at a time on special!  figure I might as well!  Why not?  Sooner ot later!!!!!  lol!!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  thanks for the sundae and cake.  So tasty!!!