Respected Contributor

Eric Thiess' Copper Chef Pan

Over the holidays, I was watching an infomercial with Eric Thiess who was demonstrating the Copper Chef pan.  As a kitchen gadget junkie, I was immediately interested and watched the whole program.  I never order from infomercials as the cost of the item is exhorbitant, but I was wondering if anyone bought the pan.

The pan is around $75.00, and includes several accessories.  I thought it looked really cool.  I was wondering if QVC would be offering it eventually, since Eric appears on David's show frequently.  I bet if QVC offered it as a TSV, they could get the price down substantially.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Re: Eric Thiess' Copper Chef Pan

I haven't heard of this item, so I looked it up on the 'net.  I like the size, and it looks versatile.  If it turns up on Q, I'll likely purchase.  I'm a sucker for trying new pans.  :-) 

Trusted Contributor

If I were to want a pan like this, my money would be better spent on the large Flip Pan sold on Evine because it costs less and is more versatile.

The Copper Chef pan touts being copper infused, but the copper adds nothing to the pan.  It is simply a way to confuse people into thinking they are getting a copper pan.

Touting anything as behing "chemical free" is silly and plays on the ignorance of those who do not understand chemicals. 

It seems to be a waste of money to me, but if others find it desirable, I say go for it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nomless wrote:

I haven't heard of this item, so I looked it up on the 'net.  I like the size, and it looks versatile.  If it turns up on Q, I'll likely purchase.  I'm a sucker for trying new pans.  :-) 

I am too, nomless, :-)  I have to buy every new gadget out there, LOL.  The reviews are all lousy, but they're not for the pan; rather customers are complaining that they're not receiving orders, etc.  I'd much rather order from QVC and hope that this pan eventually shows up on David's show at a much more reasonable price..  

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I don't ever buy from infomercials, either Topaz.  Too expensive, too many gotchas, often bad CS.  I'll keep and eye out for the infomercial, though, as I'd like to see the demos.

KT, yes, I know it's not a copper pan, but thanks for pointing that out so all will know.  I've seen the flip pan you mention a couple of times.  Many seem to like it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh ladies you are my people! . . . I have watched the infomercial now for the past couple of days and it does looks like a nice little pan and versatile but then again I say that to all new pans . . . Smiley Happy

I too hope that QVC brings this in house as I will never deal with those TV vendors based on all the problems that folks have had in the past.

I have one of the Flip Pans and love it but this would also fit nicely in my kitchen.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One thing I like about this pan is the depth, and it can also be used in the oven up to 475 degrees.  Whenever there is an oven-safe pan, it's usually only good for lower temps, like 325 - 350.  The fact that this one can withstand 475 degrees makes it a lot more versatile.

I just love new toys, although I need a new one like a hole in the head, LOL.  

I hope you all can see the infomercial soon.  It was all over the place on my cable lineup during the holidays.  The infomercial is a bit repetitious, but I like Eric, so I didn't mind watching the entire show.  There really is a lot you can do with this pan and it comes with a recipe book which I find very helpful with new appliances.

The interior of this pan reminds me of Chef Ming's pans from HSN.  I bought a set of his copper-lined pans and wow, I'm very impressed.  Food really slips and slides and nothing sticks.  Thank goodness that Chef Ming's pans have sides, because my eggs and pancakes would have slid right off in a flash, LOL.  Eric says that the Copper Chef pan is the exact same way; food really slides around. He was demo-ing caramel sauce and nothing stuck.  

I hope it comes to QVC soon (hint, hint to QVC kitchen buyers!)

Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

One thing I like about this pan is the depth, and it can also be used in the oven up to 475 degrees.  Whenever there is an oven-safe pan, it's usually only good for lower temps, like 325 - 350.  The fact that this one can withstand 475 degrees makes it a lot more versatile.

I just love new toys, although I need a new one like a hole in the head, LOL.  

I hope you all can see the infomercial soon.  It was all over the place on my cable lineup during the holidays.  The infomercial is a bit repetitious, but I like Eric, so I didn't mind watching the entire show.  There really is a lot you can do with this pan and it comes with a recipe book which I find very helpful with new appliances.

The interior of this pan reminds me of Chef Ming's pans from HSN.  I bought a set of his copper-lined pans and wow, I'm very impressed.  Food really slips and slides and nothing sticks.  Thank goodness that Chef Ming's pans have sides, because my eggs and pancakes would slide right off in a flash, LOL.  Eric says that the Copper Chef pan is the exact same way; food really slides around. He was demo-ing caramel sauce and nothing stuck.  

I hope it comes to QVC soon (hint, hint to QVC kitchen buyers!)

@Topaz Gem I'm glad you reminded me about Chef Ming's cookware.  I bought his wok at a great sale price and I just love it!  I cook on a single induction burner and this pan works great.  If this is the same surface then Eric's pan is a winner and I couldn't recommend it more.

Respected Contributor

I wish it had 2 small handles instead of one small, one long.   I don't use my regular oven (I have cookware stored here).  With the long handle, this won't fit in my countertop oven, so it would be stove top only use for me.

Contributor

I have been watching the info comm on TV but...   There was comments back in January but have not seen any more comments and wondered if anyone had bought it?  Am still very much on the fence.  Thank you everyone.