Contributor

Re: Eric Thiess' Copper Chef Pan

Boscov has the same pan with all the "attachments" for $74.99.

Super Contributor

I checked it out on Amazon and some of the reviews were just dreadful - both for the pan itself and the CS from the company. I thought that it looked really interesting and was tempted till I saw the Amazon reviews. Were I to buy it I would buy it from Amazon. At least, I know and trust them. The Amazon reviews also have a lot of customer pics to go along with the reviews. HTH

Regular Contributor

IT WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME IF IT TURNS UP HERE SINCE ERIC IS ON SO MUCH

Contributor

Yes, I also have noticed Eric back on the Q for cooking items again.  I have decided not to buy the copper pan even though it is popping up at a reduced price on ads on different sights and yes the overall reviews are not good (CS or product).   

Honored Contributor

I have seen ads for several of these copper infused pans, I think they are plain old soft aluminum with a ceramic lining.  But I will go check on Ming Tsai's to see if his are different.  I had ceramic from Todd English years ago and they all ended up in the trash.  So someone has to convince me the ceramic has become more durable before I try again. 

Honored Contributor

I did check.  His wok is 89.99, and the full set is more than anything comparable at QVC, even Rachel Ray's.  HSN has a habit of gouging when something is hot.  I remember the Todd English Green Pans episode vividly.  They started out reasonably priced and I bought a few.  The sales took off like wildfire and HSN raised the price. These are the ones that got so bad they weren't even suitable for donation. I'm sticking to hard anodized and stainless.  I just got shipped my waitlisted Circulon hard anodized set David had on a couple Sundays ago. I'm sort of a cookware junkie, it doesn't take much of an excuse for me to buy more.