Super Contributor

How much popcorn does Q expect us to buy? It seems we have many really long presentations on popcorn lately. Way too much for me.

Honored Contributor

@cozyseekerlol   I treat the popcorn presentations as time to do a quick chore, but I do think the "WHY" is sort of like the sliced bread aisle in every supermarket.  I have no idea who buys all of it, but it's certainly always there.

Esteemed Contributor

Who knew that popcorn was worthy of such long dissertations.

I didn't watch the presentations but am wondering if they kept pouring bag after bag after bag into bowls (if in fact it was in bags) like they do with the containers of nuts.....even though there are already about 20 bowls full sitting there in plain sight of them and us the viewers.They keep opening more and more and doing the slow pour while the camera comes in close. I wonder what they do with all those bowls of nuts? Toss them out for the squirrels maybe? Cause surely they don't give them away for eating after the vendor has run their fingers through them and squished the guts out of any raisins or cranberries mixed in.

Honored Contributor

Geeez its only once a year!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I can't get enough popcorn.  But not at $1.25 per bag!

Respected Contributor

CozySeeker - maybe Q thinks we'll all sit at home and make popcorn to string all over our trees come Christmas time!

*I'm just kidding of course*!!!

Respected Contributor

@cozyseeker wrote:

How much popcorn does Q expect us to buy? It seems we have many really long presentations on popcorn lately. Way too much for me.

Enough with the popcorn???  No way!  Smiley Tongue Maybe for you, but not for me (and millions of others) who love, love, love popcorn! We never get enough!!! 

Respected Contributor

Is this popcorn really good? I just buy Orville but we (2 of us) forget we have it or just that once in awhile craving. I do know some families with young kids do eat it if they have movie nite once a week. Depends on your family. Teens can eat a ton & cheap snack for them. I saw those microwave popcorn containers the Q sells that use plain kernels that looks like fun. 

Trusted Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Is this popcorn really good? I just buy Orville but we (2 of us) forget we have it or just that once in awhile craving. I do know some families with young kids do eat it if they have movie nite once a week. Depends on your family. Teens can eat a ton & cheap snack for them. I saw those microwave popcorn containers the Q sells that use plain kernels that looks like fun. 

I think it is. I've been on AD for Farmer Jon's light butter flavor for almost two years. It's better than any grocery store light microwave popcorn I've ever tried.

Respected Contributor

Orville makes the best popcorn (and only one I will buy). Ive been consuming Orville popcorn since the 1970s. It is a fraction of the price as Farmer Johns popcorn. I simply cannot justify spending that kind of money on a snack item.