Contributor

Re: Eating Food While on Air

@SharkE wrote:

I dislike kissing sounds on soaps.  LOL

Just thought I would throw that in. ROFL

So do I makes me gag. LOL Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

I do think there is a certain way to demo foods politely.  Small bites and not talking with your mouth full where you are mumbling and smacking into the mic.  The might need to turn the mic down while the chewing bit is going on.  As for how they behave, they are all just trying to catch up with David's popularity with the food.  He is a hard character to live up to.

Trusted Contributor

Not the bite, but the expression after the first couple of chews, on their faces kind of shows me if a food is good or not so good, as per their tasting..BUT, taste is subjective, as I might like a food that you may not..Several foods get top ratings, but that does not mean that I like it.....A Happy Dance does not make me decide on on purchace, as the Happy Dance on items that I do not like the inredients in  does not make me want to purchace it, because the host " LOVES" it...Again, food is subjective, and they are there to SELL, so they are forced to try it.....Even host do not always like the food they are forced to try...David used to hate coffee, and now "loves it", and he used to never love fish, and now "loves it"..Is is because he has been forced to try it and found out he does, or is he just going along to try to sell the product, because he has the top rated show on Q...

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor

Every day there is a post complaining about food prices or about hosts tasting the food.  I cannot figure out why people watch a program that they find offensive.The food programs are primarily what I watch and with one exception have never seen the things people post about..  I will agree that one of the male hosts overdoes the amount he 'tastes.'  I buy frequently and have rarely been disappointed.

There are several hosts  doing other types of shows that I find irritating and so I make a point of never watching or buying from them.  But I don't think it is necessary to watch their programs then come here and complain about them.  

For everyone who doesn't like something about the food shows, there are a lot more people who like them based on all the sellouts of products.

And I'm sure the same can be said for some of the hosts I don't watch.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Here we go again!!!  I like to see the hosts enjoying the food they are selling.  It's a big selling point.  Any food I have purchased was because of the tasting and eating.  I might have thought something looked pretty good and would not have purchased but the presentations with the eating and enjoying sold me!!  It seems so many are so annoyed by so many normal things in life that I cannot imagine how they get through a day!!

I absolutely agree that all the angst about selling and eating really should be a passe subject by now... That said, I'd not personally be convinced the food they're supposedly swooning over is delicious just because they're telling me it is...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ pook - Here we go again??  What??  Someone posted a comment that you do not agree with?  Hmmm, interesting reaction.  BTW...do you really think you would see anyone on the show say, "Oh that taste horrible."   LOL  I bet QVC loves viewers like you.  All someone has to do is say how good something is and you are sold.  You have a wonderful day and keep enjoying watching David eat, make faces, and say how wonderful everything tastes.  

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Here we go again!!!  I like to see the hosts enjoying the food they are selling.  It's a big selling point.  Any food I have purchased was because of the tasting and eating.  I might have thought something looked pretty good and would not have purchased but the presentations with the eating and enjoying sold me!!  It seems so many are so annoyed by so many normal things in life that I cannot imagine how they get through a day!!

I absolutely agree that all the angst about selling and eating really should be a passe subject by now... That said, I'd not personally be convinced the food they're supposedly swooning over is delicious just because they're telling me it is...

One would have to assume that the naysayers are a VERY small, ineffective bunch. I would come to that conclusion simply because of the sheer volume 

of food (and cooking) shows that the Q airs. You can put the other buying networks together and they probably don't air in a year what the Q has in a month.

It would be hard to imagine that program scheduling would not reflect profitable and prolific sales.

BTW---I love Mrs.Prindable's apples but if I see another lengthy presentation I may have to use them as weapons.

AND--Carolyn made a comment at the end of her show about how an apple feeds 6 people but David is capable of eating an entire apple because of his size.....I wonder about the outrage if David had said the same thing about Carolyn !

Honored Contributor

Remember that I Love Lucy episode when she was hired to do a cough syrup commercial and it tasted horrible and she squiched up her face when she had to keep tasting spoonful after spoonful.

"Taste like candy".              

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is rude to another poster

Honored Contributor

It is obvious that the hosts are never going to say they dislike a food item or say it needs "more seasoning" , etc.  I don't like the way they speak with their mouth full or seem to be stuffing themselves.  Yes, I turn it off.  Also, after a few bad experiences, I no longer order food items.  (Even though they are good about giving a credit if you are not satisfied.)    Why do I watch?  Sometimes I like to take a break from household chores and when you live alone,  TV is a good way to pass the time.