Contributor

I  wish  the hosts would   not eat   while  presenting   food . I know they want to sell the item but ,     it sounds  horrilbe    the chomp, chomp    you hear  and they try to talk with their mouth full.          

I cut the  sound down  when I can  .       I really like Rachel but the apples  need to go   this am.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eating Food While on Air

I hate food-eating, smacking noises in real life, but they don’t bother me on QVC. They are selling food, after all. Probably just wouldn’t be a good selling tactic to talk about it, but not actually SHOW that you will actually eat it and, well, that you like it! 🙂

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I volunteer to be the QVC official taste tester. The host's assistant. They talk - I eat Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Here we go again!!!  I like to see the hosts enjoying the food they are selling.  It's a big selling point.  Any food I have purchased was because of the tasting and eating.  I might have thought something looked pretty good and would not have purchased but the presentations with the eating and enjoying sold me!!  It seems so many are so annoyed by so many normal things in life that I cannot imagine how they get through a day!!

Honored Contributor

I read somewhere that sales go up when David does this dances and makes his foolish faces. So blame the audience, if it turned enough people off it would stop.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Agree with Pook.

Respected Contributor

I agree with Pook, too.

Honored Contributor

I never noticed it until one day there were 2 hosts working together and OMG, all they did was shove food into their mouth. The only person I've seen sample food has been David and he'll take a bite, do his dance and move on. THese two kept eating and eating and talking with food in their mouth and interrupting the vendors (male doing so far more than the female)...the contrast was obvious. DH walked by and stated "do they starve themselves so they can pig out on air?"

I wondered because it was....too much. I don't watch food shows so maybe it's the norm but wow....it wasn't pleasant watch the stab-stab-stab with the fork, reaching in with their fingers and then sucking the food off of them and then the rolling of eyes and .....yeah.

Honored Contributor

I dislike kissing sounds on soaps.  LOL

Just thought I would throw that in. ROFL