Respected Contributor

Easy kitchen hack

[ Edited ]

Make Limp Celery Crisp Again

Is celery worth growing?

Photo Credit: Pixabay

Trim the top and bottom of the celery (cut it off of the root if it is still attached) and drop the stalks upright into a pitcher or jar of ice-cold water to re-crisp. You can also store celery like this as soon as you bring it home—asparagus too. The ice water trick also works to perk up tired broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, and spinach.

Honored Contributor

Re: First-ever Gourmet Food Day

[ Edited ]

Post from early this AM that was deleted, don't know how it ended up here on this thread......strange things happening on the forums today.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Looks like DenimAndCo may have been hacked???

There is a full moon right now...............🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Color me confused. I thought we were talking about celery. 🥬

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped 

My comment was originally posted on another thread.  The forum was really weird early this morning and some things have been deleted..........

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Respected Contributor

Celery would always turn mushy because I can't use it quickly enough.  I now separate the leafy parts from the stalks and wrap in aluminum foil, store in the fridge.  The stalks get diced on my Oxo dicer, spread out on a cookie sheet and then frozen.  Once frozen, the diced celery it put into freezer bags and stored in the freezer.  I do this with onions and carrots, too.  Veggies are ready whenever I need them for soups or stews.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Post from early this AM that was deleted, don't know how it ended up here on this thread......strange things happening on the forums today.

Yep.  I think it must be the full moon.........🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@pupwhipped 

My comment was originally posted on another thread.  The forum was really weird early this morning and some things have been deleted..........

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@4kitties 

I deleted mine too this morning, how it ended up here, I have no idea!

I couldn't deleted it from this thread, so I had to just edit it to explain why it was so out of context to this thread subject.

Halloween is here early.....spooky, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

Celery would always turn mushy because I can't use it quickly enough.  I now separate the leafy parts from the stalks and wrap in aluminum foil, store in the fridge. 

Yep! - I learned that trick a couple of years ago too, and celery lasts in my veggie crisper for weeks! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

Make Limp Celery Crisp Again

Is celery worth growing?

Photo Credit: Pixabay

Trim the top and bottom of the celery (cut it off of the root if it is still attached) and drop the stalks upright into a pitcher or jar of ice-cold water to re-crisp. You can also store celery like this as soon as you bring it home—asparagus too. The ice water trick also works to perk up tired broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, and spinach.

@banned again 

A steak house restaurant I worked at when I was a teenager would fill up large trashcan in the walk in cooler with ice water to store the nights lettuce in. The salads there were so good since the lettuce was really crisp.