Honored Contributor

I was in the mood for something sweet, but not in the mood to fuss. I found a Betty Crocker cookie mix in the cupboard , oatmeal chocolate chip, that I didn't remember buying. Anyway there was no way I was making cookies, so I mixed it up, just 1 egg, oil and water and put it in my 8x11 brownie pan. 25 min.later I had perfect oatmeal blondies. I had to guess on time, I just kept a close eye on them. Now I just have to keep from eating too many. LOL. 

You could also use a stick of softened butter instead of oil, but oil was easier. Do you sense a theme ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

What a great idea!  I usually keep a couple of those mixes around for quick treat for my grandchildren.  I will now try this for a change.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll make a batch of drop cookie dough like chocolate chip, oatmeal scotchies, etc. 

Roll the dough into a log shape, wrap in Saran wrap and then into a plastic freezer bag and store in the freezer.

Want just a couple of cookies? Slice off what you need with a sharp knife and pop in your oven or toaster oven.

Esteemed Contributor
@Snowpuppy

I do that too with cookies and yeast bread dough. When I make up a batch I make extra, wrap in saran, freeze, then put 4-6 in vac packs and suck out air after cookies or dough is hard. Pull out qty as needed.

My grandkids all want to know why grandma always has fresh baked cookies at HER house. Lol.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."