Valued Contributor

Does anyone have a recipe that I can make ahead of time and freeze for Easter. I'm already making a Easter bunny cake. My family loves sweets. Thanks.

Valued Contributor
You can make birds nest cookies~so simple: Ingredients ~1 batch plain cookie dough, you can also use either a sugar cookie mix or even the slice and back sugar cookie dough ~1 XL egg and a bit of milk or water to use as a wash. ~candy colored almonds, 1-3 per cookie (pastel colours) or candy coated chocolate candies in easter clours, several pieces per cookie. -1-2 cups shredded coconut or if you have someone who can't eat coconut, you can use dried lo mein noodles broken just a bit. Steps Scoop the cookie batter into balls about the size of a golf ball. Put in egg wash, then roll in coconut or noddles. I prefer coconut, but use what's right for you. Shape into a slightly oval ball and add either candy you choose into the center; as real eggs would be iñ a real nest. Bake on a cookie pan with parchment paper. 350 degree oven for about 8-10 min. Watch closely. You want.the coconut to lightly brown but not burn. To freeze: layer in a square or rectangle container. Use the parchment paper between layers. Enjoy!
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Sounds like fun to make.

Trusted Contributor

Here's a make-ahead dessert for the freezer:

FROZEN MOCHA CHEESECAKE LOAF (This recipe is from an old Eagle Brand cookbook)

2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
8-ounce package softened cream cheese
14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups whipping cream, whipped
2 tablespoons instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
½ cup chocolate syrup

Line 9 x 5-inch pan with foil, extending foil above sides of pan. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; firmly press crumbs on bottom and halfway up sides of pan. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add vanilla. Fold in whipped cream.

Place half the mixture in another bowl. Fold in coffee and chocolate syrup; gently combine. Spoon half chocolate mixture into pan; then half vanilla mixture. Repeat. Use a knife to cut through cream mixtures to marble. Cover. Freeze until firm. Slice to serve.

NOTE: If you don’t want to make your own whipped cream, I’m sure Cool Whip would work here. I’ve not made it with Cool Whip, though, so cannot say for sure. I’m not a cream cheese fan, but my family loves cream cheese and cheesecakes.

I make this for times when I know I’m going to be busy and can make it ahead of time and then store it, tightly wrapped, in the freezer. It’s a good make-ahead dessert.

Super Contributor

I make a lemon cheesecake a day ahead of Easter (don't freeze). It's light, rather inexpensive and feeds a lot; everyone loves it!