Respected Contributor
@Imaoldhippie. I have to wonder if David has ever tried Hellmans. (a far superior mayonaise ? )
Respected Contributor
Perhaps he has tried Hellman’s and disagrees with you? It would be a full world indeed if we all liked the same things.
Honored Contributor

OMG! Mayonnaise wars! 🤣 

Valued Contributor

Hellmans (light) 100%.  Tried Dukes, too greasy and YUCK!

Respected Contributor

(Had to see why this was so many pages)

Always used Hellman's up north.  After moving south, tried Duke's and DH & I prefer it.  Can only explain that we prefer tart and vinegary, and adjust certain recipes accordingly - less oil & more vinegar in salad dressings, etc.

Different strokes for different folks.  (shrug)

Denise
Respected Contributor
It is Cains or nothing for this New England gal. Have tried others. They aren’t even in the running.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@kitty60 wrote:

Southerners are dedicated to Duke's.  To me it tasts like the Cain's mayonnaise we had in New England.

I disagree, most Southerners I know, myself and all my friends and family, only buy Blue Plate, not Dukes.

@kitty60
I have to agree with @KingstonsMom .  Here in NOLA Blue Plate mayonnaise rules. I've never even heard of Dukes.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
New Contributor

Other than making my own, Duke's is the best!  Unlike the other brands, it is not overloaded with sugar.  Deviled eggs and potato salad made with it are  my potluck hits, over and over.  Unfortunately for me, I am not even a Southern Belle. 

Honored Contributor

I am on the West Coast and Best Foods (Hellman) is the brand for me.  I have tried Dukes and also the Japanese mayo that foodies were raving about - I think it is called Kewpie.  I like that Best Foods has a neutral flavor and takes add ons well.  I like to chipolte to it and yesterday I as making ham sandwiches and I added some chutney mixed in.  There is so much you can do with it.