Honored Contributor

Drinking Water Filtration Systems

Does anyone have one of those standing water dispensers in their kitchen?  I have been buying those huge bottles of water to make coffee and drinking but they are so heavy to pick up and I'm having weakness and back issues.  I'm looking for something more convenient.  I'm sick of having to drag the big bottles back and wait for a CS to come take them because they don't fit in the recyclable containers.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Drinking Water Filtration Systems

We put in a Reverse Osmosis system years ago.  Best investment ever.  We replace filters ever few months but always have clean great tasting water.  

Honored Contributor

In agreement that a reverse osmosis system is an easy way to get tasty tap water. In fact, our filters get replaced tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Does anyone have one of those standing water dispensers in their kitchen?  I have been buying those huge bottles of water to make coffee and drinking but they are so heavy to pick up and I'm having weakness and back issues.  I'm looking for something more convenient.  I'm sick of having to drag the big bottles back and wait for a CS to come take them because they don't fit in the recyclable containers.  

I'm going to be looking a Brita.  Also going to investiage one of those things that attaches to your faucent.  Would that work for you?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have used a Reverse Osmosis System for over 16 years since all I drink is water. We can no longer get filters so we are using Artesian water in those big jugs right now until DH can get our new Reverse Osmosis System hooked up.

We bought the Home Master HydroPerfection Reverse Osmosis System with black light. It's suppose to use less water at a 1:1 ratio so our water bill should go down. The filters only need to be changed once per year & has a quick disconnect feature. The filters will be easier to change.

My brother had one of those in his house. I can see where it would be a pain to lug those heavy bottles home as we get older.

Honored Contributor

Last Christmas my brother bought us a Zero Water filtration system. It is easy to use. And comes with a meter than tells you when you should replace the filter. 

It is so easy. My brother bought individual filters for thermal cups and a larger container that goes in the refrigerator. 

After we got the system, I noticed that they were selling the filtration system in Costco.

Honored Contributor

Have a reverse osmosis at the sink.  It has a 3 gallon tank under the sink full of filtered water.  

Someone comes once a year to clean the tank and lines with bleach and changes the filters, tests it before and after for particulates.  

Has a lifetime warranty.

Very pleased with it. 

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 We have the AquaSauna System , we have own it for 5 years and its in my opinion the easiest and works great. We purchased it from The Q but Home depot also carries the unit. And if you go on program they will replace the whole unit free of change, and they just replaced mine. All I had to pay was the s&h. The cartrideges will be sent to you every 6 months, or sooner if you need them more often That is great because I never have to be concerned where to find the them. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using a Brita pitcher and filters for a long time.  They are on sale at Costco right now.

However, Costco is now offering its own Kirkland brand of pitcher and filters, which allegedly  filter out more things than Brita claims to do.

A few days ago, I bought the new Kirkland pitcher and  box of filters for less money than Costco was charging for Brita, even at the current reduced price.

Still have a few Brita filters to use up, but  look forward to trying out the Costco brand.

Costco's filters are advertised as fitting Brita pitchers, so I probably didn't really need a new pitcher, but got one anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a filter on my faucet that I change each year but I wanted a pitcher type as well, so I recently got an epic system.  I have to change it out every 3 or 4 months I think.  So far, I like it.  I can keep it on the fridge door and have cold water.