Occasional Contributor

Dream farm garject question please

Can anyone that has this review it please?  I have tried several times and cannot open the video presentation nor can I see the reviews.  CS says they can but I absolutely cannot get to them.  Want to order this, I really do but it is expensive for a garlic press and want to know if it's really worth the money if u aren't crushing a lot of garlic for small 1 or 2 person meals.  TIA

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Dream farm garject question please

[ Edited ]

@Jazi

I don't have this garlic press because I use a microplaner instead. It's easier to clean up and I don't have problems peeling a garlic bulb.

But I do have the dreamfarm spoons, I really like them. They are very sturdy and stable for the rubbery silicone on different brands. Plus they have lines for measuring.

Honored Contributor

I bought this thinking it would be easier to handle garlic, I was wrong. First of all it is heavy, which may be a problem for some. Then is was difficult to push the garlic through, and then it was a pain to clean. Like many demonstrations is is not the same when you get it home.  I will go back to grating my garlic, it's just easier.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I can't get the video to work on the garlic press either.  I'm using an iPad. 

I don't have the Dreamfarm garlic press but I do have one made by a different company that looks identical to this one and like it.  Looks like this one has a lot of good reviews. 

Honored Contributor

@Jazi

I can view the video on my comp.  Make sure Adobe Flash Player is updated.

There is a YouTube video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll8PY30vZt8

If you can't view the above, it's a clue you need to update your flash player.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

It's not asked for, but I'm inserting my (not-so humble) opinion here.  Woman Wink  This kind of gadget is a waste of space and money.  A good chef knife is all you need.  Instructional video:  

How to crush garlic with a chef knife

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG

My S.O. does all the cooking.  He uses a hammer. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@Jazi wrote:

Can anyone that has this review it please?  I have tried several times and cannot open the video presentation nor can I see the reviews.  CS says they can but I absolutely cannot get to them.  Want to order this, I really do but it is expensive for a garlic press and want to know if it's really worth the money if u aren't crushing a lot of garlic for small 1 or 2 person meals.  TIA

Perhaps this video will work and help?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhb5cZebfwE

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

America's Test Kitchen, one of my favorite PBS shows! This and Cook's Country, I especially love the product test segments. I purchased  a U.S.A. gold touch loaf pan from Williams-Sonoma because of this show. The best pan I've ever used or owned!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RyfVmTcJUo