Frequent Contributor

I live in Illinois and I can't find Dream Whip anywhere. I have a cake recipe that calls for using Dream Whip in the topping and I have searched everywhere around me and still haven't found any. I sure hope they didn't stop making it. Any suggestions where I can find it would be appreciated.

Respected Contributor

@mjabby  i just checked. says wal-mart, krogers, amazon all have it. 

Honored Contributor

It is on sale at Amazon for over 12 dollars a box would cool whip work in its place?

@mjabby wrote:

I live in Illinois and I can't find Dream Whip anywhere. I have a cake recipe that calls for using Dream Whip in the topping and I have searched everywhere around me and still haven't found any. I sure hope they didn't stop making it. Any suggestions where I can find it would be appreciated.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Frequent Contributor

@kittyloo   Yesterday I looked at two different Walmart's, Kroger, and two local supermarkets and didn't find one box anywhere.

Respected Contributor

@mjabby  i also googled dream whip subsitute. there is a recipe that calls for powered milk and a few other ingredients.  you could give that a try before using it in your dish

Frequent Contributor

@I am still oxox   No Cool Whip won't work because the dry Dream Whip is the main ingredient in the topping.

Honored Contributor

I just happened to notice Dream Whip on the shelf at IGA this morning.   It was on the top shelf in the canned fruit and boxed pudding section.   There was full stock on this item.   

Esteemed Contributor

@mjabby - I hope it reappears in your area soon! I actually just bought a few packets at Walmart last week, and they had plenty at my store. I've also seen it recently on the shelves at my local Kroger affiliate store. Good luck...

Honored Contributor

I've been "searching" for it too.

I'm not usually anymore a "stock up" shopper in the baking area but slowly I'm seeing things either being "discontinued" in our local store (for shelf space for new products) or just "no stock" available.

Therefore, with baking and fall cooking coming up I'm buying more of items I use more often!  

Esteemed Contributor

@mjabby  You can get 4 envelopes for $11.49 by Tuesday using Amazon Prime. Best of luck!