Occasional Contributor

This is for Tara.  Temptations has offered some pretty cake plates.  Why do they not come with domes to keep the cakes fresh?

Respected Contributor

Ask on the Temp-tations website @Crystal61....hope you get a prompt reply.

Honored Contributor

Domes are expensive

Honored Contributor

World Market $24.99

Slide 1

Winco 12 " Acrylic Walmart

Winco 12" Round Acrylic Cake Stand , Smooth

There are a number on amazon as well.

Honored Contributor

@Crystal61 wrote:

This is for Tara.  Temptations has offered some pretty cake plates.  Why do they not come with domes to keep the cakes fresh?

I was thinking the same thing @Crystal61  when the email came this morning.

I have seen such pretty cake Cake Stands....but they never have covers!

I have a clear, heavy glass stand with dome I use, but have just always wanted something prettier!

@ECBG 

You are the best!  I had NO idea the domes were sold separately!  Never even thought to look.  The acrylic one you posted from Amz is not very expensive at all!

Honored Contributor

Re: Domes for cake plates

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Crystal61 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing @Crystal61  when the email came this morning.

I have seen such pretty cake Cake Stands....but they never have covers!

I have a clear, heavy glass stand with dome I use, but have just always wanted something prettier!

@ECBG 

You are the best!  I had NO idea the domes were sold separately!  Never even thought to look.  The acrylic one you posted from Amz is not very expensive at all!

@RespectLife 

Very welcome.  I google image what I want which works most of the time.

I looked for fun on ebay and there are many to chose from, just check the size.  A regular cake is 10 inches.  I usually put a piece of bread against the cut edges held with a toothpick.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

thank you because I've got some beautiful cake plates like @Crystal61 I'm gonna check out Amazon I didn't know you could buy just the domes.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ECBG 

thank you because I've got some beautiful cake plates like @Crystal61 I'm gonna check out Amazon I didn't know you could buy just the domes.

@homedecor1 

In that you love decor, if I were you, I'd look at the vintage which, in this case were more lux!  Some are even hand painted!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I have a beautiful cake plate that is figural style with violets and iris' given to me as a gift.  I use this one often, therefore, finding a pretty dome would be perfect.

(I want clear not the top domes from Temptations which are stoneware).

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ECBG 

I have a beautiful cake plate that is figural style with violets and iris' given to me as a gift.  I use this one often, therefore, finding a pretty dome would be perfect.

(I want clear not the top domes from Temptations which are stoneware).

@homedecor1 

Between ebay and amazon, I found some really pretty domes!  They were enjoyable to look at!Smiley Happy