Trusted Contributor

Re: Dollar Tree - Lemon dishes 🍋

@Witchy Woman 

know - ❤️ must have missed the lemon malamine dishes at BL's. Purchased many cute things there.

I was laughing with a customer as we kind of spotted them at the same time, and we were both in the same boat, she said " I need these like a hole in the head" but in her basket they went.

Dollar stores have been open near me as they sell food, tp, etc.

haven't decided if I'm going up for the luncheon plates if any are left.  

⚓️
Respected Contributor

I find those lemon dishes irresistable!

I will stay away from Dollar Tree.

Respected Contributor

They're cute, but I'd definitely test them for lead if I were to get them for food use.

I had to pitch a set of stoneware a few years ago because the bottom of the dishes weren't finished and they absorbed water from the dishwasher and later mouldered in my cupboard. Seemed dry when I put them in, but they weren't. Couldn't figure out what the mildewy smell was until I took down some plates and saw black stuff growing on the back of them. Into the trash they went. I've stuck with vintage china ever since.

Valued Contributor

Yes,they are pretty!Thanks for sharing!

Cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby 

Gonna blame you but can't 😉 went to get 2 of the dinner plates to use in my hutch....they were gone☹️☹️☹️☹️

Guess I'll check out other Dollar Trees🙂

Honored Contributor

Can see them on my dining table in our sunroom. Better yet, someone posted pictures of a pale yellow bedroom in the Home Forum. Mr. G could bring me breakfast in bed in that room using this dinnerware. What a fantasy.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoveMyBaby 

These and a few other still available at Big Lots.  At least they were listed on their website:

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Oh the "enablers" here😉 Dollar tree and Big Lots are in the same plaza where I was gonna check for the lemon dishes.

I will check these out although I like the stoneware ones.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 

For myself, I would prefer the stoneware.  But, I can tell you in person, the melamine ones are very pretty.

I saw them as perfect for a gift basket with lemon-themed items.  Earlier this year, Hobby Lobby had a large, lemon, shaped cookie jar that I swooned over. 

The best thing about gift baskets for rescues is I give all the stuff away, but I get to enjoy buying it!  

I'm going to try to find those stoneware dishes so I can have a few pieces for my own table.

Have fun!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

NO LUCK>>>

Went to our dollar tree (local ones) and Big Lots, then HL as I know they had lots of "lemon" themed things.

Well, HL has cleared the shelves ... very little "Spring" or "Summer" to make way for Fall/Christmas which is already on the shelves.

I then hit Big Lots - nothing.

Oh well, maybe next time...I know at these stores when you see something you need to buy it!

Wasn't meant to be ... although tomorrow I'm heading to Tampa area might just have to check out the big dollar tree there...