Valued Contributor

Does anyone order from Imperfect produce?

If so, how do you like it?  I just ordered my first box.  I ordered the medium fruits and veggies.  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone order from Imperfect produce?

i have never heard of them

Honored Contributor

I haven’t heard of them either. 

Honored Contributor

@Warrior2022@I don’t like how that Lund’s ...is it buggy or old 

Valued Contributor

It is a company that gets imperfect, a less than round tomato, a apple with two stems, crooked grown carrots.  Things like that.  They get it directly from the farmers due to imperfection or a surplus.

You can choose the size box, small, medium or large.  You can also choose how often you want a boc delivered.  You can order organic or regular.  You can get all veggies or all fruit.

I signed up for a weekly medium box that feeds 2-4 for about 20 bucks.

there are many youtube videos about it.  They also have a website.

Honored Contributor

I just got my 3rd box Friday--and its ok I guess! I like that you can change the produce to what  you want. I like that you can choose organic or traditional. The produce is not pretty, sometimes small and odd shaped and I did get a cuke that had started to rot this time. I get a small box every other week. Got some maitake mushrooms that I never bought before. Not sure I will keep buying or not. I do like the idea of not throwing away ugly produce. There is so much waste in this country. I seem to use up the stuff tho. I did get a huge butternut squash that was perfect but big,  that I cooked down for soup.  I think its worth a try. I spend under $20 per box, so that is $10 a week for produce. and I try to always buy organic. 

Valued Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I just got my 3rd box Friday--and its ok I guess! I like that you can change the produce to what  you want. I like that you can choose organic or traditional. The produce is not pretty, sometimes small and odd shaped and I did get a cuke that had started to rot this time. I get a small box every other week. Got some maitake mushrooms that I never bought before. Not sure I will keep buying or not. I do like the idea of not throwing away ugly produce. There is so much waste in this country. I seem to use up the stuff tho. I did get a huge butternut squash that was perfect but big,  that I cooked down for soup.  I think its worth a try. I spend under $20 per box, so that is $10 a week for produce. and I try to always buy organic. 

Thank you for responding!  I am so excited to try it.  I ordered the medium box every week for now.  Hubby and son eat everything and I mean everything.  They love all veggies and fruit.  So we shall see.

Esteemed Contributor

I've heard of this, and it's a common sense, enterprising business concept.

Don't know if it's available in my area, but right away I thought of the produce from my own garden.

While some things I harvest are picture perfect, many have a blemish or odd shape or need something trimmed off before cooking. That doesn't affect nutrition or flavor.

If I had to grow produce with 'visual appeal' for future sales as a top priority, I'd be growing that tasteless stuff.

Regular Contributor

imperfect produce is about all that's available in the grocery stores where I live!  i don't need to order it online.  if I want really good produce I have to drive a very long distance!

Occasional Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

I've heard of this, and it's a common sense, enterprising business concept.

Don't know if it's available in my area, but right away I thought of the produce from my own garden.

While some things I harvest are picture perfect, many have a blemish or odd shape or need something trimmed off before cooking. That doesn't affect nutrition or flavor.

If I had to grow produce with 'visual appeal' for future sales as a top priority, I'd be growing that tasteless stuff.

@x HedgeGood points. Interesting concept, thanks for the thread OP.