Honored Contributor

Does anyone have a great way to display or use their spices?

I'm trying, but space is limited. I've got all the small ones in a lock and lock with the names facing out. I have to keep them in the lazy susan cupboard at eye level. It's just really hard to see them then I've found 2 of 2 items that I didn't see and re purchased. That makes me crazy at the prices spices are. Does anyone have a unique idea to do this, I have 0 ideas on how to make this easier.

Thanks for any help!

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a great way to display or use their spices?

Several years ago I had it with my mish mash of spices and not being able to find anything. I bought spice bottles with labels. I now am able to open my cupboard and search for any spice easily. All my bottles are the same size and are in alphabetical order.

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor

My problem is that my spice bottles are all different sizes, to include spices with grinders, small ones from McCormick, and others from Spice Island, and some from Penzy's. And others that are in square jars, while the others are round jars. So for me, all I can do, is to keep them in my cabinet, with labels out...

Needless to say, I love my spices and I love to cook & bake, hence all the different shapes and sizes and types of bottles.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

On 10/31/2014 Coffee Gal said:

My problem is that my spice bottles are all different sizes, to include spices with grinders, small ones from McCormick, and others from Spice Island, and some from Penzy's. And others that are in square jars, while the others are round jars. So for me, all I can do, is to keep them in my cabinet, with labels out...

Needless to say, I love my spices and I love to cook & bake, hence all the different shapes and sizes and types of bottles.

Me too.

Honored Contributor

On 10/31/2014 lolakimono said:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/kitchen-and-food-talk/topic/406641/how-do-you-organize-your-spices.a...

Thanks but it gave me an error message.

Regular Contributor

spices should always be kept in a cool, dark place which sort of precludes "displaying" them..

Spices, when you have a lot like I do, can be very challenging to store, to say the least.. A lot of my Penzeys I keep sealed in their ziplocks in the fridge..

Esteemed Contributor

I have an open ended bookshelf that I put my spices, oils and vinegars on.

shelf

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

The very top shelf is for the items I use frequently, the bottom is for the tall bottles and containers that seem to seep, the next to the bottom shelf has a plastic shoe box that holds the bags of peppers, seeds, vanilla beans, spices, etc.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

http://www.amazon.com/YouCopia-Edition-SpiceStack-30-Bottle-Organizer/dp/B007VERRLS/ref=sr_1_3?s=ki...

I use the above rack in my cabinet and it keeps jars of different sizes well organized

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.