Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone cook and eat rabbit?

On 7/6/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

Actually, some types of cacti are eaten...just FYI, if you are ever stranded in the desert, look for a cactus. They are a good source of water.

We used to.eat prickly pear jelly when I was a kid.

I know some types of cacti are eaten and they are a good source of water.

Let me put it another way. I would rather eat an old smelly gym sock than a bunny.

Super Contributor

EEKS! You are all freaking me out.

Respected Contributor

On 7/6/2014 Oneanddone said:
On 7/6/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

Actually, some types of cacti are eaten...just FYI, if you are ever stranded in the desert, look for a cactus. They are a good source of water.

We used to.eat prickly pear jelly when I was a kid.

I know some types of cacti are eaten and they are a good source of water.

Let me put it another way. I would rather eat an old smelly gym sock than a bunny.

I was just remarking on cactus and thought it was interesting that you brought that up.

I personally haven't thought about prickly pear jelly in years. You just brought back a memory for me that I was sharing.

I sensed some umbrage in your reply? Didn't want to inspire that.

I'd rather eat a cactus than a smelly old gym sock.Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

Only once in the US. It is common in France, but they are domesticated pets here, so I couldn't.
Respected Contributor

On 7/6/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

I guess if ""Armageddon"" were to happen I would have to live (and die) by my moral convictions which would mean I would not resort to cannibalism or eating critters.

ROTFL........ moral convictions would last until REAL hunger set in......
Honored Contributor

Rabbit meat was popular when I was growing up. My family hunted for meat, fished and we ate whatever was available. People take their kids out to kill Bambi too, disgusting to me.

Honored Contributor

We ate Rabbit when I was a kid. My family hunted and fished for the meat and we ate whatever was available. I don't eat Rabbit now.

Honored Contributor

sorry for double post. I didn't think the other one posted.

Respected Contributor

NO...): Could never!

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/6/2014 SANNA said:
On 7/6/2014 Matty6 said:
On 7/6/2014 SANNA said: Brown parts of rabbit on the skillet till golden, then soute with onions and shredded https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=1470888a2f115305&attid=0.0&disp=attd&safe=1&zwcarrot... until veggies are tender and golden. Make sour cream,little water,spoon of flower salt,pepper souse.pour it over rabbit meat and simmer for 40 min. Enjoy with mashed potatoes! It is old French style we use in my family.

Disgusting! {#emotions_dlg.angry}A bunny with carrots even more so [think about that one]... I can not wrap my mind around that!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

I am sure you eat pork. And pigs are very intelligent and very close anatomically to humans. Think about it. And besides different cultures eat different foods.

You sure are wrong again! I do not eat pork or any other red meat! And I still think it is disgusting. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}