Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a spurtle set?

@qualitygal - Have the 7 piece silicone set and love them.

Different sizes for different uses.  Easy cleanup. 

Trusted Contributor

I have the purple silicone set and use them all of the time.  They're great and have not discolored at all from using and cleaning in the dishwasher.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I guess not since I haven't ever heard the word so have no idea what that is.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I only have the wooden set, I purchased it on QVC. I love it and use them all the time! Will have to check into the Silicone ones.

@CANDLEQUEENI have both and find they're both fine:  I just throw the wooden ones in the dishwasher along with the silicone one.  They still look th same, no staining or anything.

Regular Contributor

I have both and I think I like the silicon better although I love the wooden measuring set and use all the time.

Valued Contributor

I have 2 sets and have given 2 sets away.  I recently purchased the mini spurtles.  Love them as well.  Long and slender for peanut butter mayo and jelly jars.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the silicone spurtle set a year or so ago and I probably use one of the pieces every day. I don't use the large pieces very often, but I rely on the others daily. Doesn't bother me a bit that I have to handwash them since I do that with pans and knives as I go. Spurtles were a great buy for me!

Esteemed Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

The silicon set is the best (not the wooden type).  I gave three sets as gifts too.  Any red sauces will not stain silicon, and unlike wooden spoons, more 'sanitary' to use.

@seaBreeze This is great to know. I love my wood spurtles -- and figured I'd buy the red silicone at some point for tomato sauce stains! 

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I only have the wooden set, I purchased it on QVC. I love it and use them all the time! Will have to check into the Silicone ones.

i have the wooden, mever use it, because I know how awful wood gets. Will definetly get the silicon soon.

@HLP I use my wood ones often- they're bamboo. I clean/dry them right after use and have had no  problems whatsoever! Just in case I bought mineral oil to condition the wood. Haven't needed to though! 

Esteemed Contributor

Not a set but rather multi colored of several shapes.  Silicone.  Love them.  

My fav has a flat bottom and a curved side for scraping thick sauces.  Could not live without it.