Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do Your Kids Like To Cook/Bake?

When I was single my father said I couldn't boil water. An exaggeration, of course. I started cooking more often when I had my children. Now they are in their 20's and both have their own homes. DS#1 does most of the cooking in his home. He's very good. He loves to watch cooking shows, especially those featuring male chefs

DS#2 and his fiancee both cook and like the same foods as each other- they cook very healthy. I think I am the only one who bakes.

Honored Contributor

Both my boys cook and bake everything.  In fact,they have very happy wives🙂

Since the "stay at home" they have become great cooking on the grill or smoker.  Both are always coming up with new recipes.

They started cooking with me around 5 they're now 40 and 35.

My GD is becoming a good little cook too she's 9

Honored Contributor

My son and dil have been married since 2006 and she has probably cooked or put together a more accurate description of a meal maybe five times so far.  Love her to pieces but she cannot cook.  He does it all, cooking in the kitchen with the oven, grilling, or smoker.  He bakes bread and all the other baking too.  Has his veg. garden so even his veg. are fresh.  He has been making comments this past week of wondering what a gator would taste like on the grill.  I told him I would be busy that night so do not include me.  Men do love their meats.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

My daughter is 15.  She says she likes to cook and wants to cook but ....I don't know.  I will ask her if she wants to bake cookies or a cake.  She'll always start off excited and doing it but then disappears during the cooking and clean up.  I'm trying  to let her do more.  She just has to show me more responsibility.

Honored Contributor

Yes, my three grown children loved to cook and bake with me growing up and I encouraged it.  I actually loved those years and miss them.  My daughter gets kidded by her friends when they call her Martha Stewart...she does it all!  Both my sons are great cooks and they bake, too.