Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Serve A Green Vegetable Every Evening?

@on the bay 

Not surprised about your SIL's love of french fries.  They're a load of starch (sugar), fat, and salt.  Essentially, ffs are just about a stick of lard, although, I like them too.

I do oven fries with fresh potatoes (but, not recently with the WW).  Without all the fat, the flavor of the potato comes through.  Very good. 

Honored Contributor

Always.  Lots of veggies at out house.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG - We usually have a vegetable with our dinners. Will even cut tomatoes into chunks and sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper, and add chopped basil to them.

ETA: Another thing I do to get vegetables in our diet, is to slice peeled cucumbers and just add salt & pepper. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

99% of the time.  I normally have a small salad (Romaine w/ some Kale added) every night but also have green beans or raw veggies sometimes too.

About the only time I don't is when there is Pizza, Vegetable Soup or Beef Stew.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

We most likely have some sort of vegetable, or salad every evening with Dinner....We love veggies, so not a problem for us.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Oh my goodness!!!  Now I'm hungry!  That will be wonderful when summer tomatoes come in!  A little Parmesian cheese would be good with that!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No, DH only accepts peas corn and green beans without complaint.  I have a giant spinach salad every morning for breakfast for my warfarin regimen, so I'm being taken care of even if he chooses not to be.  

Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, I wish I could enjoy them, but I can't.....nothing green. 

Respected Contributor

No problem in the summertime with farmers markets ,nice produce in stores, and my own 'yarden' efforts. Always more than one. It is more challenging in this dark, dreary, and cold time of year. My inner Pillsbury dough boy often wins with carb comfort foods = casseroles, noodles , rice, biscuits, roles, gravy etc. Smiley Happy I yell at him my waistbands are getting snug !  he answers -- yeah but you sleep well .

I do at least have some canned or frozen green beans, broccoli, or such. Also I at least for myself try to have on hand the pre-packaged salads from grocery store that are just around $3. That way I do not find rotted lettuce in my crisper drawer .