Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Collect Fiesta Dinnerware???

Yes. I have 5 sets of 3 colors and one turquoise for my grandson -- his request. Lemongrass, Scarlet and Ivory (which I see as more French Vanilla). My daughter is deciding on what color(s) we can begin collecting for her. She had zero interest previously. I started out with Mikasa when I first married but switched to Fiesta and love it.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Fiesta is my everyday dinnerware and serveware. I have managed to drop and break a couple of cereal bowls but everything else is still beautiful.

I've been to their factory in Newell, WVa. Striking piece of history on the Ohio river.

I think Macy's offers the best sale prices so I'm skipping evine offerings.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my Fiesta!  I started with three shades of blue and lemongrass as an accent color, but then I found myself adding other colors that I just had to have.  So I now have a beautiful mix of colors.  I guess I kinda lost all sense for those first few years of collecting and as a result I have waaaay too much Fiesta.  But I do love each and every piece.  I try not to add any more, but if I did it would be from Macy's because they have the best sale prices on Fiesta. 

My Fiesta is probably the only thing that my DIL will want from my house when we're gone because she's become a Fiestanista, too. I can just picture them giving my Lennox china to Goodwill, but taking home most of the Fiesta, lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I love Fiesta also.  I started out yellow, then added scarlet red, then shamrock green.  I have a few more colorful strays thrown in but basically it is yellow, red and green.  I like the fact that it is open stock so you can get the items you will use.  

Honored Contributor

I have a couple collections, no longer buying.  Lemon grass, scarlet red and cream with Christmas trees.

Respected Contributor

I have my moms four piece place setting, think it dates back to late 80’s or early 90’s. Colors are yellow, pink/mauve, green, and my favorite coral. I use the bowls frequently, the small desert plates and the dinner plates not that often. I would prefer 8” plates that I would eat off frequently. Don’t want a big collection, small place and one person who does not entertain. I would buy mugs if they are minimum 14-16 ounces. The cookie jar they had on Evine this morning was cute but quite large. Heart looking at all the different colors. I do agree that the dinner plates are a little heavy.
Honored Contributor

I was so glad I caught the show this morning, such pretty things.  I love the creamer/sugar and it was all I could do to order it.  I look forward to them being on again, I hope they become a regular vendor.

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

The Evine Shopping Channel now sells Fiesta dinnerware!

@Diva on The Q 

I saw that! I didn’t notice any great prices though.

My dinnerware is Fiesta and I occasionally purchase new pieces but dishes are not something I would ever “collect.” I really don’t “collect” anything for the sake of collecting.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

The Evine Shopping Channel now sells Fiesta dinnerware!

@Diva on The Q 

I saw that! I didn’t notice any great prices though.

My dinnerware is Fiesta and I occasionally purchase new pieces but dishes are not something I would ever “collect.” I really don’t “collect” anything for the sake of collecting.

@willdob3: On occasion I will add to my collection of Fiesta. I like a variety of styles and colors. I do, however, use my Fiesta everyday. The 67.5 oz Large Pitcher is on my wish list. Macy's has a great sale on Fiesta right now. I see that my pitcher (orig. cost $70.00) is down to $49.99 PLUS an additional 30% off!!! You're right about Evine's pricing. There didn't seem to be anything on sale, per se. 

Honored Contributor

I inherited my grandmother's. I wonder sometimes about putting dishes that old in the microwave - they might have something in them that's not great for microwave use, but I have and so far they've held up. If I didn't already have it, I would keep getting it. I love mixing the colors, and when my children were young they had fun setting the table and deciding who got what color!

However, a famous chef told a friend of mine to use only white dishes. My mom had a set of beautiful English embossed white on white dishes. I kept her good china, but let these go. Now I wish I hadn't! Probably why it's so hard to get rid of anything of hers now. Smiley Frustrated