Trusted Contributor

Eat honey???

Honored Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

Eat honey???

No - none that I know.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you.

My grandson will be visiting our Nephew & family (Vegans) in Austria next month and I am going to send them all a care package. Really having a hard time with including Vegan foods. 

Anyone have a Vegan cookie recipe?? 

Respected Contributor

I think real pure Maple Syrup would be OK.

Super Contributor

I think Minimalist Baker and Oh She Glows can help you. Also One Green Planet -- something like that. Good Luck !!

Honored Contributor

You can get answers to all your questions and tons of vegan recipes from Google. 

Respected Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

Thank you.

My grandson will be visiting our Nephew & family (Vegans) in Austria next month and I am going to send them all a care package. Really having a hard time with including Vegan foods. 

Anyone have a Vegan cookie recipe?? 

Do you have a Publix grocery store? I purchase vegan cookies in their deli. These are also sold on Amazon.

Alyssa's Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies - Pack of 4

Alyssa's Gluten Free Vegan Cookies (Pack of 4) - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Non GMO, No Trans Fats, No Soy, No added sugar

Esteemed Contributor

Why wouldn't they eat honey????  Seems natural enough and is not dairy or meat.  I'm not sure about it.   However the best honey you can eat (healthwise) is Manuka honey.  Look it up and it is sold on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure if honey is allowed as you are taking away the source of food the bees made for themselves.  also I think some bees meet their demise in the gathering and processing of the combs if they don't move fast enough.  Processed granulated sugar is also a NO No for vegans unless it is organic.  White sugar uses Bone Char in processing so that's the animal connection.  Regular brown sugar is white sugar they put some molassess bck into.

Trusted Contributor

There is still debate on the honey issue with vegans. Most true vegan will not eat honey. Honey is an animal byproduct and vegans do not consume any animal byproducts at all.