Valued Contributor

Re: Dishwasher Problem -- Anyone else??

Thank you all so much!  We don't have hard water and I do clean the trap on the bottom of the dishwasher.  (There is virtually nothing in it because I clean the food off the plates before putting them into the dishwasher.)  I just ordered Lemi Shine from Amazon.  I will also try the vinegar and am glad to hear that @Carmie found a fixable problem.  @Mothertrucker  I checked the Lemi Shine website and it said that it is okay to use in a stainless dishwasher.  I will keep all of you posted!  Thanks again!!

Honored Contributor

Don't a lot of those lemon things etch glasses?  I know they are hard on china. 

Respected Contributor

love my  bosc 3 levels silver rack so quiet I will buy again so sorry you are having problems. have water softner in AZ with so much hard water but love bosch.

Honored Contributor

have you ever taken out the filter and cleaned it

try  a clean cycle with one of those cleaning things,  Affresh is a good brand citric acid based.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you operate a dishwasher with very hard water, you should add some citric acid to your washer.  I lived in a place that had such hard water it was virtually undrinkable.  I used powdered citric acid in each load.  My glassware was still etched and cloudy.  When I moved, i threw it all in a dumpster and bought new.  We were able to buy it at Walmart since everyone used it, but hardware stores and I bet, Amazon, have it.

I ordered a bag of citric acid, it's magic powder !!!! same as Lemishine and all those coffee cleaning things  love it 

Respected Contributor

i have never had that problem and our dw is allmost 10 years old. to clean it i put a cup of baking soda and 2 cups of white vinagar and it allways comes out clean and freah. those 2 thing work togather to really clean dw out. put baking soda first then vinagar and you see it bubble up. love to see the reaction. good luck .

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you operate a dishwasher with very hard water, you should add some citric acid to your washer.  I lived in a place that had such hard water it was virtually undrinkable.  I used powdered citric acid in each load.  My glassware was still etched and cloudy.  When I moved, i threw it all in a dumpster and bought new.  We were able to buy it at Walmart since everyone used it, but hardware stores and I bet, Amazon, have it.

I make my own dishwasher soap. It has citric acid in it and everything comes out squeaky clean. @Kachina624 I have had my Bosch for 4 years....love it.

Honored Contributor

Your problem is caused by hard water build up.  Use a good dishwasher cleaner and run it empty a couple of times.  Then put a dishwasher water softner in it and run a rinse a couple of times.  This should take out the crud build up.

Unless you have a water softner never run your dishwasher without a  softner.  I use Dollar General brand and dont have a problem.

Good luck

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)