Honored Contributor

I have been cleaning my dishes with Scrub Daddy and dish cloths. Every time I run the dishwasher I also put both items in the dishwasher to be cleaned.

I am using a new dishcloth. It is wonderful, and it is microfiber. It is rougher finish on one side and smooth on the other. Do you think that running the microfiber washcloth through the dishwasher would be a good idea?

Before I did not care about the dishcloth, if it was damaged, no big deal. But I really like the new one and don't want to ruin it.

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla  Hi, I use Don Asletts microfiber cloths for my dish cloth, (well we used to call them dishrags, but that's probably an old fashioned term). I believe they're supposed to go through the washing mashine instead of the dishwasher. My Ma used to also throw her sponges through a cycle in the washing machine with small amts of bleach and detergent. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

My scrubber always goes into the dishwasher if it has been used but I never thought of putting my dishcloths in.  I just keep a big stack of cloths and get a clean one as needed.  Then they go into the washer.  Rarely use paper towels.

I use microfiber for dusting and just put them in the washer too.

Honored Contributor

Sponges and scrubers in dishwasher, cloths in washer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for your replies. That is what I thought. But I can't see running the washer for one dishcloth. I am not about to add the microfiber dust and cleaning cloths with a cloth I use on dishes.

Plus I like the SaniClean cycle with the dishwasher. 

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla   Agree with the others....all scrubbers in the dishwasher...the cloths go in the washer and, if I time it right, I try to do towels at the same time then I don't have the one item to wash.

Esteemed Contributor

Since it is only one piece, why not wash it by hand?

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I have been cleaning my dishes with Scrub Daddy and dish cloths. Every time I run the dishwasher I also put both items in the dishwasher to be cleaned.

I am using a new dishcloth. It is wonderful, and it is microfiber. It is rougher finish on one side and smooth on the other. Do you think that running the microfiber washcloth through the dishwasher would be a good idea?

Before I did not care about the dishcloth, if it was damaged, no big deal. But I really like the new one and don't want to ruin it.

@drizzellla...sound like you may have the Ecloths I have ($$) I have a zillion cloths and just bought Campenellis new ones w/a design which is awesome for face washing.

Not rough ..love them.

I am so now DONE with buying so many cloths though it's nuts.

I'd never even think of putting a dish cloth in my dishwasher - just rinse and hang dry, then use a new one - wash the other in the washing machine which will clean it thoroughly. It needs that.

Some cloths do work great like my Ecloth with a scrubby top layer and strong microfiber on the other side it's really good everyone needs this but again these cost $$ so I hear you. If worried, wash in hot water and dish soap - hang dry. I'm glad I bought my $$ Eclothes when they were 50 + off at an Ace hardwere closing in my area.. stock piled up. 5 of each type lol.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Mar5775 - ECloths looks exactly like the dishcloth I have. Except there is no scrubber pocket. I am so glad you mentioned ECloths. 

Dishcloths seem harder to find. A local Walmart was closing for a year to be remodeled. I happen to check things out before it closed. And a found a package of the microfiber dishclothes. I bought a package to try it out. I did not expect to be impressed with a dishcloth but here I am. I went looking to buy more and can not find the same style.

But the ECloth is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you SO MUCH for mentioning ECloth.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Thanks for your replies. That is what I thought. But I can't see running the washer for one dishcloth. I am not about to add the microfiber dust and cleaning cloths with a cloth I use on dishes.

Plus I like the SaniClean cycle with the dishwasher. 

@drizzellla, there really is no problem washing your dish clothes in the washing machine. You can put them in with your regular laundry as long as they are not microfiber, which should  always be washed separately so that no lint attaches to it.

Just have a bunch of the clothes so that you'll always have plenty.

Personally, I don't like dish clothes for washing dishes. I use a brush and/or sponge. The brush goes into the dishwasher occasionally, and I microwave my sponges every couple days for one minute on each side.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland