Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in Corelle Dinnerware.

@J Town Girl.  Have you complained to the company?  I certainly would.  Do they have any kind of warranty?  Maybe you should have chosen plain white.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@J Town Girl.  Have you complained to the company?  I certainly would.  Do they have any kind of warranty?  Maybe you should have chosen plain white.

I did call the company and they told me the warranty is only good for 90 days.   I got the feeling that they really didn't care all that much.    

I really do wish now that I had just chosen the Winter White pattern.   I don't know why this is bothering me so much because the dishes are really just our everyday dishes No one really sees them except my husband and I.   I think it's just the notion that after I spent the money for a pattern that I really liked and then to see it fade away and have the dishes look so old and worn out after less than a year just irritates me.

Oh well, I guess in the whole scheme of things this is really just a small inconvenience. I'll survive.  

I thank everyone for all of their comments.   

Trusted Contributor

I bought a Corelle set in the Watercolors pattern, and donated my old Corelle a little over two years ago when our kitchen was remodeled. I wash them in the dishwasher, and they still look new. The plates and bowls are all made in the USA. Only the mugs, which are stoneware, are made in China.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a small set of dessert plates from Corelle at the end of last year and have used them daily (I love the size and weight). They've been washed in the dishwasher weekly, and still look exactly like they did when I purchased them online. You might consider contacting Corelle's customer service because it sure doesn't sound like your's have held up like they normally would.

Regular Contributor

Pyrex, like Corelle, is under the Corning umbrella and lots of folks say that today's Pyrex is not the Pyrex of your mothers and grandmothers.Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I have a set I've been using for around 2 years and no fading or any other problems.  Sounds like you might have gotten fakes.

Honored Contributor

My set is still new and my reason for purchasing it was because it is so lightweight. One good idea others have mentioned is checking other sites for older (better made) pieces.

Super Contributor

i've had my set of corelle for 40 years.  they look as good as new. and many times i've thought of getting a new pattern and updating.  i am sorry to hear that the newer corelle doesn't hold up. i would contact the company directly either by phone or email and let them know what happened. perhaps they will do something about it. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. there is no excuse for this at all. good luck. 

Respected Contributor

I had a set of Corrlle dishes that were used daily and put in dishwasher. I noticed a few were faded but definitely not obscenely. Just worn looking and that was a few plates. I replaced this year when remodeling with plain white Correlle. I know they were made in US but noted that cups in all sets were made in China- which I was trying to avoid.
Totally loved my Corelle for daily use in household! Disappointed to hear customer service not helping. Write a letter with pictures.
Respected Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I did call the company and they told me the warranty is only good for 90 days.   I got the feeling that they really didn't care all that much.    

I really do wish now that I had just chosen the Winter White pattern.   I don't know why this is bothering me so much because the dishes are really just our everyday dishes No one really sees them except my husband and I.   I think it's just the notion that after I spent the money for a pattern that I really liked and then to see it fade away and have the dishes look so old and worn out after less than a year just irritates me.

Oh well, I guess in the whole scheme of things this is really just a small inconvenience. I'll survive.  

I thank everyone for all of their comments.   

I wouldn't give up, @J Town Girl . I'd start by photographing your faded dishes and saving a photo of the same pattern from Corelle's site. Then I'd leave a review. You can post images with reviews on Corelle's site. If you haven't registered there, you'll have to do so, I think. Upload the images so it's clear what they sold you and what's happened to your dishes. Be matter-of-fact in your post. Say you understand there's a 90-day warranty and you'd had the dishes for X long when you saw this happening, but you think what you received were dishes with a defective pattern. Maybe there was a lot in which the coloring wasn't fully "set" or something. But I wouldn't take the CS's  script at the last word.

Use social media, too. Be factual and state what you'd like. From what you've said, replacement with Winter White might make sense. "What would make me happy is for Corelle to take these pieces back and replace them with Winter White. That would restore my confidence in Corelle and Corrningware," or whatever. And escalate if if they keep fobbing you off. Go to the CEO. Just be calm and reasonable and state the resolution you'd like to see.

I have a few patterns of Corelle plates for the cats, and they are as vibrant today as the day I bought them 15 years ago. Just wish they wouldn't shatter when I drop a can of cat food on them.